First 2 coming along nicely

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tooomanycolors

Reaction score
I have a 6 gallon batch comprised of 12 pounds goldenrod honey and 4 pounds clover honey and water. OG was 1.144 and today the gravity was 1.052 so im looking at about 12.5% ABV which is exactly what I want. It tastes incredibly sweet and I cant wait until it has aged a little. Not to say I wouldnt try and kill it tonight :). Im planning on letting it go until mid January in the primary, however I may move it in a couple weeks to a secondary to try and clear it up a bit, then leave it in the secondary until mid January, who knows.

My second batch is a 3 gallon batch of JAOSM, the same one that z987k posted, hes my roommate, lol. OG on that was 1.121 and today the gravity was 1.020 so about 13.5% ABV. Tasted very nice as well, my girlfriend was a fan of this cause its a little dryer.

Days in Primary
Goldenrod: 25
JAOSM: 22

:ban:

tooomanycolors said:
I have a 6 gallon batch comprised of 12 pounds goldenrod honey and 4 pounds clover honey and water. OG was 1.144 and today the gravity was 1.052 so im looking at about 12.5% ABV which is exactly what I want. It tastes incredibly sweet and I cant wait until it has aged a little. Not to say I wouldnt try and kill it tonight :). Im planning on letting it go until mid January in the primary, however I may move it in a couple weeks to a secondary to try and clear it up a bit, then leave it in the secondary until mid January, who knows.

My second batch is a 3 gallon batch of JAOSM, the same one that z987k posted, hes my roommate, lol. OG on that was 1.121 and today the gravity was 1.020 so about 13.5% ABV. Tasted very nice as well, my girlfriend was a fan of this cause its a little dryer.

Days in Primary
Goldenrod: 25
JAOSM: 22

So....you're in Champaign-Urbana too? I'm more than willing t be an "official taster' =) and I'm local (hell, I work on campus!)...

I have a 1 gal batch of JAOM and a batch of a slightly modified version of "Joe's grape mead" so I'm a little anxious to taste the results as well.
My JAOM is about the same amount of days in primary (i'd have to check the notes to be sure) but it's still fermenting a lot. I have been [painfully] waiting to taste it but I'll bet it's awesome. I was planning on letting my JAOM clear in primary then bottling, but I'd be curious to know what happens to yours if it's racked to secondary.

nb

Im gonna leave the JOAM in the primary until bottling, sorry if I said otherwise, gotta follow directions.

I just checked my goldenrod mead to see if the gravity had dropped at all, and it has stayed the same. How long should I let it sit before I rack it to a new carboy. Again my only reason for racking is to try and get it to clear some before I bottle sometime in January.

Back