Control Panel Wiring Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lafolielapper

Reaction score
OK...so here is my question. I am doing a really simple PWM control box...only controlling a single 5500W heater element and no RIMS/Pumps/Etc. I currently have two pre-wired wide-view LED's 12V that I would like to use for two purposes. First, I would like one LED to show power applied to the circuit...the second showing the pulse on and off of the SSR. Where would these LED's be placed within the circuit to show both of these statuses.

Lastly, I would like to have a switch to control whether the circuit is on or off. As of now I have a SPST Toggle Switch 10A that I intended to use to control the 12VDC to the PWM...but now I am wondering if it is also important to have a DPST 30A switch to control the input power from the dryer cord 240V to the receptacle that my heater element will be plugging into.

Please help...very very very confused!!

OK...so here is my question. I am doing a really simple PWM control box...only controlling a single 5500W heater element and no RIMS/Pumps/Etc. I currently have two pre-wired wide-view LED's 12V that I would like to use for two purposes. First, I would like one LED to show power applied to the circuit...the second showing the pulse on and off of the SSR. Where would these LED's be placed within the circuit to show both of these statuses.

Lastly, I would like to have a switch to control whether the circuit is on or off. As of now I have a SPST Toggle Switch 10A that I intended to use to control the 12VDC to the PWM...but now I am wondering if it is also important to have a DPST 30A switch to control the input power from the dryer cord 240V to the receptacle that my heater element will be plugging into.

I could really use your help here. I really don't want you to draw up anythig extensive for me....I just need a little guidance.

I am in the works of building a really simple PWM controlled boil kettle using a single 5500W heater element and no RIMS/Pumps/Etc. I currently have two pre-wired wide-view LED's 12V that I would like to use for two purposes. First, I would like one LED to show power applied to the circuit...the second showing the pulse on and off of the SSR. Where would these LED's be placed within the circuit to show both of these statuses, and can you possibly tell me the order of the signal flow...starting with my 120V AC/DC 12V brick going into the control box and connecting to my PWM board.

I guess to sum it all all up...I need help with the schematic for the following parts.

1) 120V AC/DC 12V brick
2) 10G/4 wire coming from dryer outlet into control box.
3) Bakatronics PWM Future Board
4) 40A SSR
5) 1 Status LED for Circuit Power
6) 1 Status LED for SSR Pulse Indication
7) (1 maybe two switches? One to control the 12V to the PWM board and the second to the control output of 240V to the receptacle for the 5500w element)
8) Any terminal blocks you think are necessary within the wiring to complete this nonsense.

Thanks again .....any help is greatly appreciated!

PJ...I could really use your help here. I really don't want you to draw up anythig extensive for me....I know you get irritated as it is doing thankless work for all of us E-tards....but here it goes.

I am in the works of building a really simple PWM controlled boil kettle using a single 5500W heater element and no RIMS/Pumps/Etc. I currently have two pre-wired wide-view LED's 12V that I would like to use for two purposes. First, I would like one LED to show power applied to the circuit...the second showing the pulse on and off of the SSR. Where would these LED's be placed within the circuit to show both of these statuses, and can you possibly tell me the order of the signal flow...starting with my 120V AC/DC 12V brick going into the control box and connecting to my PWM board.

I guess to sum it all all up...I need help with the schematic for the following parts.

1) 120V AC/DC 12V brick
4) 40A SSR
7) (1 maybe two switches? One to control the 12V to the PWM board and the second to the control output of 240V to the receptacle for the 5500w element)
8) Any terminal blocks you think are necessary within the wiring to complete this nonsense.

Thanks again P-J.....any help is greatly appreciated!

I could really use your help here. I really don't want you to draw up anything extensive for me.

1) 120V AC/DC 12V brick
4) 40A SSR

Thanks again.....any help is greatly appreciated!

I could really use your help here. I really don't want you to draw up anything extensive for me.

1) 120V AC/DC 12V brick
4) 40A SSR

Thanks again.....any help is greatly appreciated!

wtf...I tried posting to multiple threads but I guess the mod moved them all to here. Just delete them if you don't like it...no one is gonna look at this if they think it's SPAM!

If you search you can probably find one of PJ's schematics that will be similar to what you are trying to do.

this looks close.

Auberin-wiring1-a4-5500w-BIAB-30d6-s.jpg

wtf...I tried posting to multiple threads but I guess the mod moved them all to here. Just delete them if you don't like it...no one is gonna look at this if they think it's SPAM!

Because we don't allow multiple posts over and over in many threads- one will do just fine.

I would say that most people in the US aren't incredibly active between 1:45 and 2 AM and sometimes you may have to wait for an answer instead of posting the same thing 10 times. The reason they were merged were due to complaints of this post in 9 different hi-jacked threads.

I don't think telling us to "Just delete them if you don't like it" is going to win you any points. The people that have complained about you posting to multiple threads are the very ones that could help the most.

Just read all those from earlier.... Did he pass out with his head hitting the resend button all night? :drunk:

Looks like your Wings and my Bruins are watching form the stands now EH.... :(

Back