Hello Fellow Washingtonians!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

H-ost

Reaction score
WooHoo state forums!

My name is Hans, I live in Bellevue, and work in Redmond right by Mac n Jacks. If you are close by and ever want to do some home brew trading or combine our brew days feel free to send me a PM!

Also, if anyone is interested, I think it would be much easier to get a group buy going now.

The state forums are pretty cool.

Brian in South Everett/Mill Creek area here.

Cheers!

Hey, "neighbor"! :mug:

Howdy.

It is a little hotbed of brewers out this way. I have a mead maker/bee-keeper directly across from my back yard, and know several brewers within 5-6 minutes of me.

I am in the Seattle Hill area just off 132nd/Hwy96. Brewers are always welcome. If you ever want to stop for a beer or brew day let me know. I'm brewing up a storm this year as our club wants to be well stocked for kegs for the NHC. :mug:

Howdy.

It is a little hotbed of brewers out this way. I have a mead maker/bee-keeper directly across from my back yard, and know several brewers within 5-6 minutes of me.

I am in the Seattle Hill area just off 132nd/Hwy96. Brewers are always welcome. If you ever want to stop for a beer or brew day let me know. I'm brewing up a storm this year as our club wants to be well stocked for kegs for the NHC. :mug:

Crap... I just saw your reply! I always forget to check this section!
Anyways, I'm probably about 5-10 minutes away, off of 35th/162nd. I would love to head over for a brew day! I'm new to AG, so it would be really cool! Let me know next time you brew!

I don't remember where I... oh wait... *checks under avatar*... I'm in Camano Island.

Nice!!! I grew up on Camano Island, and in Stanwood. Lived in that area most of my life!

:mug:

Nice!!! I grew up on Camano Island, and in Stanwood. Lived in that area most of my life!

I grew up out on the coast, then lived East of the mountains for a while before going back to the Peninsula. Moved out to Stanwood in '05 and got a house on the island a few years later.

I live in the NE part of Seattle. Just done extract recipes so far. Been brewing for a year or so. I think I'll do one more extract brew, but am thinking about giving BIAB a try soon.

Crap... I just saw your reply! I always forget to check this section!
Anyways, I'm probably about 5-10 minutes away, off of 35th/162nd. I would love to head over for a brew day! I'm new to AG, so it would be really cool! Let me know next time you brew!

I brew on an electric HERMS rig, but the concepts are all the same. I started out all grain with the 10 gallon Gott cooler.

There's a good chance I'll be brewing this weekend. I need to get a Schwarzbier done for an internal club competition. It could be interesting as we have to use the Anchor Steam Cal Lager yeast, which is not the native yeast normally used to brew a Schwarzbier.

Hey, how many of you entered the Cascade Brewer's Cup / Pro-Am competition? I entered a robust porter--my first entry ever into a competition.

Hey, how many of you entered the Cascade Brewer's Cup / Pro-Am competition? I entered a robust porter--my first entry ever into a competition.

Congratulations on your first entry and good luck. It can be intimidating and exiting to enter your first comp. The Cascade Cup is a pretty well run competition. I have 12 entries in it this year.

any of the South Sound (greater Olympia area) members interested in a low key brewing club? I'm not talking about having a president, treasurer or anything... Just a group of brewers who get together to learn from each other in their garages/brewing rooms.

thoughts?

any of the South Sound (greater Olympia area) members interested in a low key brewing club? I'm not talking about having a president, treasurer or anything... Just a group of brewers who get together to learn from each other in their garages/brewing rooms.

thoughts?

That's exactly what I have been looking for but you are too far south for me.

I grew up out on the coast, then lived East of the mountains for a while before going back to the Peninsula. Moved out to Stanwood in '05 and got a house on the island a few years later.

Nice! Camano is beautiful... But, getting so much more crowded than it used to be. I guess that's the case everywhere though!

I brew on an electric HERMS rig, but the concepts are all the same. I started out all grain with the 10 gallon Gott cooler.

There's a good chance I'll be brewing this weekend. I need to get a Schwarzbier done for an internal club competition. It could be interesting as we have to use the Anchor Steam Cal Lager yeast, which is not the native yeast normally used to brew a Schwarzbier.

Very cool! Shoot me a PM if you are interested in having a tagalong!

Whats up, Anyone in the Lacey/Oly area. We need to swap brews. My name is Anthony I have been brewing over a year now AG. We should all get together and due a massive homebrewing session. I love the state forums it about time.

Bellevue brewer, soon to be Sammamish brewer.

Just met up with H-ost last night for some homebrew trading, was definitely worth it. Looking forward to getting some of the area HBT'rs together.

Flyin1500 said:
Federal Way here! :mug:

Yay! Federal Way here too. I'm extremely new to all of this. Made my very first batch of JAOM last weekend (1 gallon) and I am loving these forums :) I'm going to make a vanilla mead this weekend.

Seems like there are a quite a few of us south sound brewers active here! I'm in olympia. Check out the south sound suds society sometime. Good group of folks. I'm brewing tomorrow, so if anyone wants to do a swap pm me

Grumpybumpy said:
Seems like there are a quite a few of us south sound brewers active here! I'm in olympia.

Hey Grumpybumpy and others in the south sound... I can't believe I never thought to ask this before--does anyone have a water report for Olympia that they wouldn't mind sharing?

RandomBeerGuy said:

Thanks much, but that doesn't contain the items that brewers need--what I think they call the "aesthetic" aspects of drinking water. It's just the state-mandated toxicology report. I was thinking of a Ward Labs report.

I'll spring for the test myself, I've just been so busy. But when I can get around to ordering the test, I'll report back here with the results.

As far as I can tell, our water is awesome untreated! Makes great dark beers for sure

Grumpybumpy said:
As far as I can tell, our water is awesome untreated! Makes great dark beers for sure

I've been pretty pleased with my beers as well, but I wondered if a gypsum addition would enhance the hop character of an APA or IPA. I planned to get the Ward Labs test before buying gypsum, in case the test indicates it's not needed.

I take back what I said... I do add gypsum to my hoppy beers. Never bothered with chemistry otherwise

I have made IIPA's without water treating. I am in Lacey I dont find issues with the city water. My buddy has well water he said his water needs treatment. Unless there's something I dont know about the city water?

Back