Stainless braid length?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Todd

Reaction score
I have a 70qt coleman extreme that I'm using for my Mash, I have some 7/8" braid for the drain. As the water level gets down it starts to suck air.

My question is, since the cooler has a built in trough at the end. Should I keep my braid shorter so it stays in there or let it long? It is probably 18" long right now.

Will it hurt anything sucking air like it does?

If you coil it around the bottom of the cooler i would guess that it will only start to suck air as you near the end of your sparge. I dont you think you will harm anything by the braid sucking air, unless people think that will lead to hot side aeration.

Reverend JC said:
If you coil it around the bottom of the cooler i would guess that it will only start to suck air as you near the end of your sparge. I dont you think you will harm anything by the braid sucking air, unless people think that will lead to hot side aeration.

That was my concern. It also seems that I get a lot of absorbtion, around .5qt per pound where I see others only getting .1. What might be causing that?

Latest posts

Back