So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Plan on doing an Imperial English Pale Ale. This based on a beer done by Phantom Canyon Brewing in CoSprings, CO. It is an amazing beer. I just hope I can do my homebrew some just. Plan on putting 5 in a whiskey barrel and the other 5 will be kegged for an upcoming brew festival.

Doing first all-grain this weekend. Witbier. Excited. Been wanting to do this for a while. Though I like extract. Problem is I'd like to nail down a day this weekend to do it. Kids' are invited to a birthday party, otherwise I'd do it Saturday. We'll see.

I am traveling this week and assuming I get home on schedule, I'll have a full beer weekend. I will be taking my second batch, an Abbey Ale, to bottle and I plan to brew my third batch a Belgian Caramel Whit kit.

hoping to get one of four beers brewed this weekend;

wheat kolsch, DIPA, flanders or and something i'm forgetting...

Brewing an IPA today.

image-517769595.jpg

One more batch of extract. Gotta test the new elements in my BK.

10 gallons of Bavarian Hefe Friday or Saturday.

I was hoping to brew today since it would be one year from the first time I brewed but with on and off drizzles I had to bail. I will get to it this weekend and brew a American blonde ale but fermented with Belgian yeast. I actually need to do a ton of brewing for a graduation party for my sister in law who finished her masters but I am waiting for a bulk grain order to come in.

I made an India Brown Ale Friday( i dont think ive ever even drank this style yet),after previously bottleing my Mulitigrain Extra Stout the day before.

Just did put 6 gal of kolsch in the fermenter. I love my 6.5 gal carboys!

Now to put it in the basement to drop it 6 more degrees (as per the stick on thermometer, I love them too). I stopped short while using my wort chiller because my regular thermometer died. I guess they don't like getting dropped in 151 degree water...

Brewing a pale ale right now. If the weather holds I'll brew a belgian wit next. If I'm really feeling like a glutton for punishment I'll make some more base beer for my sour solera tonight.

Todays starter for tomorrows Tiny Bottom Pale Ale brew day(courtesy of Bright Spot Brewing)

Starter16.jpg

Looking forward to this Pale, had a sample from Bright Spot This is good beer

Between tonight and tomorrow, bottling an IPA, and brewing at least a saison or berliner weisse. Not sure which, might pull a really late night/early morning and just do both.

I am brewing an Avery Ellies Brown ale clone as we speak. My first AG. So far so good. I got about 151 mash or so. I hit 153, added a couple ice cubes and it came down a bit too far(wanted 152). But I cant complain. My mashing routine will get nailed after a couple batches.

avery-ellies-brown.png

I built a cylindrical mash tun in about 30 minutes on thursday off a website parts list(the one on brewwiki)

Lowes is delivering a 7 Cu Ft freezer to my door in the next 3 hours. I am wiring up a temp controller right now. Everything is falling into place :mug:

Attempting a ***** Creek clone
BC.jpg

Hopefully it'll turn out close... but since it'll inevitably be a bit different mine will be called Bitchbucket Crick

Brewing a Double IPA featuring columbus, cenntenial, & Simcoe hops (heavy on the Simcoe) tonight then either a Citra IPA or a Wheat using sorachi ace hops tomorrow AM. Both brews using the BIAB method.

I just got finished brewing a pale ale about an hour ago. Same recipe as the last brew...

No sparge

1 hr mash @ 149f

7 lbs Marris otter
5 lbs 2 row
1 lbs Munich
1 lbs Carmel 20

60 min boil

1 oz Willamette 60 min
1 oz fuggle 15 min
1 oz centennial 5 min
1 oz chinook 5 min
1 whirlfloc tab 15 min

Pitch 1 packet 05 (rehydrated)

Dry hop

1 oz cascade
1 oz centennial
1 oz chinook

Then to the keg...

Then out of my Johnson into the toilet.

jeepinjeepin said:
Brewing a pale ale right now. If the weather holds I'll brew a belgian wit next. If I'm really feeling like a glutton for punishment I'll make some more base beer for my sour solera tonight.

Yeast pitched on the pale ale. Near the end of the belgian wit boil. Third brew ain't happening.

image-3187124397.jpg

All done! Lowes delivered a 7 Cu Ft freezer to my apt at 6 PM. I got 74% Eff, and the wort tastes really nutty. This is going to be delicious. The carboy is currently cycling between 60 and 66F. Last time I used English yeast I got a fruity character, but things should go much better this time.

Super smooth brew day for my first AG. Only know was when the chiller clamp and hose popped off and my shoulder and scalp got sprayed with boiling water. A few hours of pain and its gone away now, no problem. I am going to check the hose every brew day from now on.

11 lbs Maris Otter
10 oz Carafa Special
10 oz Munich 10L
8 oz C120

.5 oz Northern Brewer (60) The real beer uses bullion but LHBS was out; so I checked the comparison chart and chose NB
.5 oz Cascade (30)
.5 oz Fuggles (0)

US-04 yeast. I didnt feel like making a starter this time, I rushed to get ready for brew day this week. I built the tun, bought the freezer, and the ingredients 3 days ago.

qIpfZ.jpg

hMtLc.jpg

cutting my teeth on sours tomorrow morning...brewing up a half batch Berliner Weisse-ish base that I'm pitching a homemade lacto starter into...looking to sour this thing to no end and then blend it back with a younger version of the same base beer recipe...just expirement a bit til I figure things out...

Me, me, me. Actually I was told to. So it has been a great weekend, went out with friends Fri., rode Sat., brewing Sun.

Brewing an original recipe amber this afternoon. Hopped with Centennial and fermented with English ale yeast.

Back