Hops Group Buy in Chicago #1

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Paid. Shooting to pick up from you on Thursday if possible. Trying to determine whether I can take a bus or need to drive. Where are you located?

bmason1623 said:
ok, final pricing has been updated. please remit the amount in red fonts inside the yellow column. Some of you I owe money to. I will either paypal you or give you cash when you pick up.

I noticed the amount that I sent already and the amount you entered in my "paid amount" cell don't match. They are off by a few bucks. I want to make sure to get you the proper amount of cash for this buy so you aren't paying for a portion of my hops.

Someone here pointed out, if you select "for goods and services" it will deduct a percentage, but if you select the "personal" tab and use "money owed" it doesn't do it.

wish I had known that up front.

[EDIT] as long as you are transferring from your bank account the above is true.

PseudoChef said:
The spreadsheet says $3.27 and my paypal receipt is good for $3.27. Can you check again?

Ok. When I get back I'll do it.

PseudoChef said:
The spreadsheet says $3.27 and my paypal receipt is good for $3.27. Can you check again? ( I think you applied it to the person above me in the spreadsheet as you now have them listed at -$0.99)

I think you're right. $3.27 is the amount mine is off. Problem solved :)

Someone here pointed out, if you select "for goods and services" it will deduct a percentage, but if you select the "personal" tab and use "money owed" it doesn't do it.

wish I had known that up front.

[EDIT] as long as you are transferring from your bank account the above is true.

If Paypal sees this they may flag Bill's account. Sometimes these are rejected. Pay the fee and be a good neighbor.

If Paypal sees this they may flag Bill's account. Sometimes these are rejected. Pay the fee and be a good neighbor.

I thought the issue was when you sent it as a gift. Technically, Bill is not selling anything, so "goods and services" doesn't seem appropriate either.

Payment owed is an appropriate choice, as it perfectly describes this situation. There is a fee when paying with a credit card with the payment owed option, so its not like were scamming PayPal. They choose to waive the fee for bank transfers.

mkringii said:
U mean transporting or jus to those people? Cuz im in grand rapids right next to founders!

I think neopol meant that he would bring it to the IL/IN border and you could pick up from there. I don't know when the next (strictly) hops buy will be but you're welcome to participate. The next group buy, that I run anyway, for grain will probably be in March or so.

U mean transporting or jus to those people? Cuz im in grand rapids right next to founders!

I fully endorse adding a source of Founders Tap Room growlers into pickup day. Neo lives inFFF country and typically his truck weighs as much coming in as going out due to requests for zombiedust etc

mkringii said:
K kool.. i would be able to meet at 3 flyods to make it easier .. i wouldnt go in a grain buy jus yet but really want in the next hop buy

Even easier, three blocks from the house and I never turn down a free beer... Of course jump in the next buy but keep in mind they move quick.

There are still outstanding balances that need to be paid. Please refer to the spreadsheet column that is in yellow. Some have you have followed up with payment but are still short. If there's a negative number in red fonts then it means you owe that much. If you have already paid then let me know so I can look into it.

Bill, you accepted my Chase quick pay payment for the remaining balance but I am still showing up as negative.

Got to love these extended holiday weekends. Going to brew 10 gallons of Brown Ale and 10 gallons of a Doppelbock tomorrow. Need to build up beer inventory and also clear out the old stock of hops and grain to make way for the new ingredients. Ironically, I went out to the homebrew store and purchased 4 oz of Hallertauer Hops even though I have 2 lbs on order. Go figure.....

Paid! I sent more becuz i prefer rounded numbers!!! And it was the least i could do for all the extra work everyone puts in to make this happen!!!! :mug:

We never met the minimum for Styrian Golding, is that right? Or did we and I missed out on a split? If so, anyone willing to part with a pound?

If anyone bought an extra pound of UK EAST KENT GOLDING, I'd be happy to take it.

jmg727 said:
I'd be up for another grain buy anytime soon!!!!

Not sure when the next buy will be exactly but when it does happen I strongly suggest you buy 2 sacks more than what you think you need. $0.02

jmg727 said:
If anyone bought an extra pound of UK EAST KENT GOLDING, I'd be happy to take it.

I only got one pound, but I bought it to show my rights as a Mercan to buy things that I don't need! If you are in need, and Bill is cool with the late switch up in organization, I could let go of it

Pick up will be the day AFTER delivery. I'm expecting delivery on Tuesday. The same day of delivery a few volunteers will help breakdown and package everything so that it's ready for the day after and onward.

Bssoap74 said:
Is the pick-up still on Tuesday? Were are we picking up from, this is my first group buy

The delivery is scheduled for Tues and a half dozen volunteers are going to meet, weigh, vacuum seal and put orders together to streamline the pickup. Unless you are in emergency need or some other extenuating circumstance, the pickup will follow.

** Bill beat me to it....disregard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back