Corny disconnect problems

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pendragon

Reaction score
I having an issue with the gas disconnect where it has a loud co2 leak around the threaded part of the disconnect. I've tightened it with a wrench and it still occurs. Would putting teflon tape around the threads help any?

It sounds more like its coming from the threads than from the barb where the host connects. It came from homebrewing.org assembled with an oeteker clamp on the hose. I might try removing that clamp and replacing it with a hose clamp I can tighten further.

Has anyone had probs with leaking from the disconnect threads before?

The line where the barb attaches is flared I assume? Could be the flare has been distorted or somehow it is split. You shouldn't need teflon around a flare fitting.
Either that, or it is from the barb itself.

Yes. It's a flared connection on the disconnect. I'm not sure on the rubber tip. It was assembled when I received it and I just tightened it before attaching it. I'll check that out later when I get home. If nothing else then I'll check LHB tomorrow for one with a barbed fitting on it.

Ok. Seems to be solved now. Stopped at walmart on the way home for a spray bottle. Put some starsan in the bottle and sprayed the top of the keg down. Turns out it was crimping on the hose rather than the flare connection like I originally thought. Luckily I have oetiker crimper and rings from rebuilding a soda fountain awhile back. It is now quiet and no more bubbles. :rockin:

Back