How should I proceed?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cyberbackpacker

Reaction score
Okay, I have a question in regards to this brew. It fermented for 29 days between 62-66F. It finished at 1.020-- high but I did mash at 156 and only did a 60 minute mash.

My question after 29 days I went to crash cool it before transferring to keg (this will be my first time kegging). However with the craziness of Christmas it has been sitting at 36F for two weeks now.

I have seen when people Lager they raise it up to 60F+ for a diacetyl rest I believe. Then crash cool before kegging/bottling.

How should I proceed? Should I just go ahead and rack it to the keg? Or should I bring it up to primary ferm temps again for a day or two, crash cool for a day or two, then keg? Something else?!?

Thanks for the help.

Diacetyl isn't commonly a problem in ales- I would just keg it and be done with it. You can taste it at kegging- if you taste diacetyl, you can then decide if it's out of place.

Back