March Pump 809 PL HS-C - FITTINGS HELP

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rainhard

Reaction score
Ok, so I have tried searching for hours and have come up with nothing (maybe even more questions) regarding which fittings to use for my new march pump.

Was hoping someone with more experience can guide me in the right direction.

I have the March pump 809 pl-hs-c, the one with the center Inlet. Problem is, it is a 3/4" center inlet, and a 3/8" outlet. This makes it a little difficult to use camlocks, doesn't it??

1)What I am not sure about, is the different sizes on the inlet/outlet. Do i need to get a reducer on the inlet side (3/4" to 1/2")? Would reducing this be ok?

2) the outlet is 3/8". I will be connecting a ball valve. do i use 3/8 or 1/2"? I'd prefer 1/2", so would I need a fitting that steps up from 3/8 to 1/2"??

3) and finally.... Am i going to run into flow problems with all these reducers/fittings. (3/4" inlet to 1/2" ---- 3/8" outlet to 1/2") or am i over thinking this?:confused:

Sorry for the long-winded question!

BTW...
I'm using a 15G blichmann boilermaker, and my purpose of using the pump is strictly for whirlpooling and wort transferring to carboy.

I would just get a 3/4"-1/2" bushing for the inlet and a 1/2" -3/8" bushing for the outlet and screw the ball valve into it.

yep bushing for the input to reduce it to 1/2. Not sure where you are getting the 3/8 though the outlet is 1/2". I have the same pump. You might be looking at the input as it is 3/4 male but is also threaded inside, that may be the 3/8".

thanks for the quick replies.

I guess I was just over thinking... looks like i will go get the 3/4 to 1/2 reducer. Should I keep it stainless steel to go with the Camlocks, or does it not matter if I use the brass fittings?

Back