Mason jars

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has the Final Gravity leveled out and not changed. If you are making flat cider and fermentaion is completely done, then I'm sure it will be fine.

Rack into mason jars for immediate consumption. Outstanding glassware for cider.

Ok so it's ok to bottle in mason jars if consumed quickly. Would cold crashing them be the best things to slow down any possibilities of mason bombs. Thanks

Ok so it's ok to bottle in mason jars if consumed quickly. Would cold crashing them be the best things to slow down any possibilities of mason bombs. Thanks

I said immediate consumption, as in, used as a drinking glass and not a storage container. Again, they're not designed to hold positive pressure. It'll probably be just fine, especially cold, but just know it's not a great practice.

If you're doing a still, pasteurized cider with zero carbonation, I guess it would be a fun way to store them, or give as gifts. But like everyone else has said, using them if there's ANY carbonation in there is dangerous.

I'm not going to dissuade you if you want to use them for still stuff, you can buy wines and liquors, and pseudo 'shines, packaged in mason type jars in some liquor stores. But nothing bubbly.

Back