Kegged

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kbrewing

Reaction score
So I just kegged, set the psi to 25. Was thinking about leaving the pressure for two days. Then dropping the pressure to 10psi for 5 days. Is the carb level okay to drink by day 7? Have a few friends over for summer BBQ. Please let me know about optimum carbonation. Thx

temperature is a key component, what temp are you doing this at? I have done this when in a pinch. 35-38 degrees (cold liquid absorbs co2 better) 25-30 psi for 2 days, bleed off the excess then down to 12. Its not ideal and certainly others will tell you not to do it, but it will work.

Hi

For a seven day carb - take it down to 36F or so. Pressurize the keg to 30+ psi, disconnect the hoses. Roll it around on the floor for a while. Take it back up to 30 psi and let it sit for three days. Then take it down to serving pressure and let it sit for the next four days.

Bob

Back