Garden hose flavors

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lando

Reaction score
So I screwed up and used the hose to fill the mash tun while brewing. Now the batch tastes horrible. (Tasty Brown Ale from morebeer) It has a huge plastic type/vinyl flavor that I first thought was due to chlorine, but later discovered was coming from the hose.
Any ideas on how to salvage it?

Get the potable hoses and never have to worry about it again...its the rv white hose from lowes, home depot......
It might be a dumper.....

Gonna have to second the previous poster, from everything I have read, off flavors from the garden hose are there to stay.

Sorry, it's a dumper. I'm a huge proponent of the "time cures most ills" movement... but hose flavors don't go away.

Have anyone who is always taking more than their share of beer? Someone you don't want to give beer too? Annoying neighbor or in law? I say give it to them. Keep it around as a gag gift. Unless you need the bucket.

Back