First beer great, 2nd brew day blunders, need help quick!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drathbone

Reaction score
I am making a german bock beer and I got 2 hops, one to add for bittering at the beginning of the boil and one to add near the end for aroma. I got a German Tettnang hops and German Hallertau hops. I drank too much of my first brew (which came out awesome!!!! :tank:) and forgot which was is which. I'm 10 minutes into my boil. Any help is appreciated!~!!

I gather you are wondering which hop to use for what addition? You could use either for bittering, but, generally, tettnang has slightly more aa%, so go with that for bittering.

Edit: I figured you were trying to figure out which bag had which hop.
--------------------
The Tettnang has a slight floral sent and will be only a little less bitter.

Copied from a spread sheet I have:
-----------
Tetnanger = SPICY HERBAL DELICATE FLOWERY

HAULERTAU GERMANY = CLEAN SPICY NEUTRAL

Hope that helps.

Hallertau for aroma

nothing to back it up but it looks like you need someone to make a decision for you!! either will be ok. RDWHAHB!! (oh, wait, this was the problem:drunk:)

i think he wants help identifying which hops is which because they are no longer labeled.

Sorry if I wasn't clear initially :drunk: My question was which hops to use for bittering and which to use for aroma. Hallertau and Tettnang is I have.

Back