Captain Lawrence Brewing Company

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steelerguy

Reaction score
Went to a beer dinner tonight and had the opportunity to try some of their beers. I doubt you can get it in many places, but they have some awesome brews.

I had 5 total:
Liquid Gold - Belgian Pale
Brown Bird Brown Ale - English Brown Ale
Nor' Easter Winter Warmer - Belgian Specialty Ale
Captain's Reserve - Imperial IPA
Espresso Stout - American Stout

All of the beers were good, but I thought the Nor' Easter Winter Warmer and Captain's Reserve were great.

The Nor' Easter was truly a unique beer and was aged in Bourbon barrels which gave it an awesome coconut and vanilla flavor. Really very awesome and one of the most complex beers I have had.

The Captain's Reserve was a great American Imperial IPA. I would put this beer right up there with Stone's Ruination IPA. Just killer in the simple ingredients with perfect execution. They said it was 91 IBUs and it was balanced great with the malt. Really a very nice IIPA.

So if you have a change I would give Captain Lawrence brews a try if you get an opportunity. My guess is you will have to be in the Tri-State area as the brewery is in Pleasantville, NY and just got started in 2006. The guy who started it started out as a home brewer and then switched majors and did the Fermentation program and UC Davis. Worked at Sierra Nevada and a few other breweries before starting his own. Good story and good beer! Captain Lawrence Brewing Company if you care to check out the site.

Back