Looking for an All American APA recipe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Desert_Sky

Since 1998
Reaction score
It may be too late to get started but If I hurry it may be ready. I want to do an All American APA extract for the 4th of July. All American grains and American hops. I was thinking maybe Crystal 10 & 20L, Cara Pils, and Cascade and Centennial.

Does anyone have a recipe that they are willing to share? Thanks

You've got time. Just do a search for SNPA clone recipe

Doesn't SNPA use Perle? I was kind of leaning toward a Cascade/ Centennial blend. The search did point me in the right direction though. THanks for the heads up

Dude's LWPA or the SNPA both in my sig with recipe hotlinks. You're right on the perle though, could change that up.

Sorry, I'm at work, so the ADD has kicked in and I'm not really paying attention.

Ok maybe you guys can help me out with what Ive come up with so far. Ill start out with this, and if I could get a critique that would be great.

10 oz Crystal 10L
6(maybe more???) oz Cara Pils

6lbs DME

1 oz Centennial 60 min
.5 oz Cascade 30
.5 oz Cascade Flameout

1 oz Cascade/Centennial Dry Hop (1/2 oz each)

Now I dont have any software to tell me what thats going to give me, instead Im just putting together a recipe after looking through all the recipator's APAs and getting an idea from there.

Now what changes would I need to make?

and to keep with the American theme, I was thinking Wyeast 1056 American Ale

Chimone said:
Ok maybe you guys can help me out with what Ive come up with so far. Ill start out with this, and if I could get a critique that would be great.

10 oz Crystal 10L
6(maybe more???) oz Cara Pils

6lbs DME

1 oz Centennial 60 min
.5 oz Cascade 30
.5 oz Cascade Flameout

1 oz Cascade/Centennial Dry Hop (1/2 oz each)

That looks good. I would just use 1 pound of crystal.
also 1.25 oz centennial 60 min, .5 oz. cascade 30 min. .5 oz cascade 15 min. 1 oz. cascade 8 min. and dry hop 1 oz cascsade/centennial (1/2 and 1/2 half) will give you that all-american-in-your-face-i-dont-care-if-it-tastes-like-an-ipa-you-bastards profile your looking for.

ibu 35-40
og 1.055-56
id use the east coast ale yeast, its got more flavor and thus Balls then the chico ale...

Ok, I see what you guys are saying now. I just downloaded the Promash trial version. Talk about being waaaaay off. Ok back to the drawing board

Back