Pumpkin Spice ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deific

Reaction score
hey hey
i was wanting to make a nice pumpkin spice ale for Halloween as well as the upcoming season. I was looking at recipes and wondering if anyone and any good ones they could share that they know are pretty decent.. i was also looking at the AHS Pumpkin Spice Ale kit.. does anyone nkow how that is? i noticed it doesnt actually have pumpkin in the recipe so it kind of turned me off. .thanks for your help! and info!

I've got a recipe I created myself that I just tried for the first time lastnight. It has only aged in the bottle a week, and wasn't even fully carb and I can say that as soon as I sipped it, I caught a slight pumpkin flavor and a spicy nose that reminded me of Fall. I think in two more weeks it will be an outstanding brew.

I will post it later once I get back home.

Recipe:

3.00 lbs Pale LME

2.00 Lbs 2 row
1.00 Lbs Pound Crystal 20L
1.00 Lbs Munich Malt
1.00 Lbs Vienne

.75 oz Norther Brewer @ 50 mins
.75 oz Kent Goldings @ 30 mins
.3 oz Pumpkin Pie Spice @ Flameout

1 lb Canned Pumpkin (Just pumpkin not pumpkin pie mix)
Roasted in the oven at 345 degrees for 40 mins and added at the start of the boil

Turned out to be pretty darn tasty. If you want a bit more pumpkin hit try two cans on pumpkin. Although I am happy with the pumpkin Flavor the way it is currently.

Back