Anyone interested in starting a Home Brew Club in the Toms River area?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Come to the Tipperary pub tomorrow at 7:30. Its near the navel base used to be called center ice.

Hey fellows

I am new to the whole brewing scene but live in Toms River. I would be interested in join said club. I think an e-mail list would be a great way to get dates and info across, has anyone thought about doing one? Maybe even a Subreddit on Reddit?

If not I'd be willing to set one up. Cheers guys.

We meet the second Tuesday of every month at the Tipperary pub in Lakehurst. You just missed our April meeting by a day. Keep an eye out here for our next meeting.

We meet the second Tuesday of every month at the Tipperary pub in Lakehurst. You just missed our April meeting by a day. Keep an eye out here for our next meeting.

Do you guys switch up the locations? There's a bunch of good local spots with a good selection it would be silly (IMO) not too. Plus it's a good excuse to travel around and try places we may never even come across.

Irrelephant said:
Do you guys switch up the locations? There's a bunch of good local spots with a good selection it would be silly (IMO) not too. Plus it's a good excuse to travel around and try places we may never even come across.

I disagree. With a regular location, it's easier for new members to find you, the location that you stay and give patronage to is more likely to work with you on things in the future (i.e. bringing in samples) and it keeps people from going "****. Where do we meet this month?" There are a few good spots but not many that really fit our needs. Mainly, that its quiet enough to talk. And 6-10 people in a room can get loud enough, I don't want to compete with the live band, etc.

I disagree. With a regular location, it's easier for new members to find you, the location that you stay and give patronage to is more likely to work with you on things in the future (i.e. bringing in samples) and it keeps people from going "****. Where do we meet this month?" There are a few good spots but not many that really fit our needs. Mainly, that its quiet enough to talk. And 6-10 people in a room can get loud enough, I don't want to compete with the live band, etc.

Understood. Hopefully I can make it out to the next meeting.

Next meeting is June 11. 7:30 @ Tipperary Pub in their Whiskey Room.

Oast House Hop Farm will be visiting us to talk about their farm and discuss their CSA option.

We will finalize details for our first in-club brewing competition.

We will discuss our Brewer's Ball and a club brewing project.

All are welcome to attend. No dues.

Meeting tonight at 7:30pm at the Tipperary Pub.

Tonight we'll be going over a recipe for our upcoming brew day for our Brewer's Ball in February, talking competitions/beer, and pouring a few samples. New faces are always welcome!

Meeting tonight at 7:30pm at the Tipperary Pub in Lakehurst. Hope to see some new faces. All are welcome.

Won't be able to make tonight ...headed out of town. Are meetings the second Tuesday of each month?

Anybody new planning on attending the next meeting on October 8th please pm hoplander or me for details.

Hello All,

I'm in Brick and just found this thread. New to brewing (first batch in primary) and interested in maybe meeting up with a club. Is it still active?

Yes we are still active. Our next meeting is 1/14 at 7:30 PM in the tasting room at Rinn Duin brewery in Toms river.

anybody planning on coming to the next meeting 1/14 that hasn't been to a meeting before please pm me so I have a heads up.

Visited Rinn Duin yesterday and the brewer advised me that a club meeting in the tap room on select Tuesdays. Can you guys let me know when the next meeting is? I'm near Asbury and would be interested in joining.

Meetings are the 2nd Tuesday of every month. The next meeting would be 4/8 at 7:30 pm. We will be holding a small brewing competition this meeting for SMASH brews. If you happen to have one you made bring it along and you can enter in. Its just a fun comp for a little bit of bragging rights. If you don't have a SMASH feel free to bring other home brews for the club to sample.

Is there still room for more people to come check out and join this club? I'm just over the bridge on the Manasquan River. I can't make the may 3rd big brew but if you're meeting later on this month I probably can.

Is there still room for more people to come check out and join this club? I'm just over the bridge on the Manasquan River. I can't make the may 3rd big brew but if you're meeting later on this month I probably can.

We'll still have a May meeting which will be May 13th at Rinn Duin. People start showing up around 7 and meeting starts at 7:30. There's always room for more people. See you there.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I'm in Manasquan. Anymore room? Also, is there anything done on weekends? I work overnight Sunday through Thursday.

There is plenty of room next meeting is 10/14. Occasionally people do brew days where they invite others in the club to come hang out.

Is the club still meeting and are new members with limited experience able to join?

Anyone is welcome to come join us. Next meeting is tomorrow night 2/10 at 7:30. We meet at Rinn Duin brewery on rt. 37 in toms river. Its on the boarder of Manchester before the wawa on the west bound side.

We are moving our meetings to a new brewery. We will now be holding out meetings at Backward Flag brewing in Forked River. Next meeting is Tuesday the 13th.

Back