The Official 2007 GABF Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dblvsn

Reaction score
Ladies and Gents, I'd noticed there had been many threads started for the GABF and figured it would be a great idea to have a single area to go for everything. Feel free to post what days you'll be attending, what other breweries you'll be visiting, hangouts, hotels, and pics... especially pics!! This year looks to be a great year at the GABF with many members from HBT attending.

Here are the members that have stated in previous threads that they would be attending.
2007 GABF attendees:
dblvsn
gabe
Brewtopia
RichBrewer
Chimone
Beermaker
ColoradoXJ13
Hemi
SPLASTik
Pirate Ale
drost
ollllllo

I will be getting into town Wednesday afternoon. Plan on meeting up with an old buddy of mine and teaching him how to brew. After that we may have to head down to Falling Rock and meet up with some of the others that will be down there. I will be going to the Thursday and members session on Saturday. Out and enjoying the beers of Denver on Friday. :tank:

I will be staying at the Holiday Inn Downtown Denver. I will be arriving thursday afternoon. Anyone wanna look me up ask for Corey Nelson. We can go get a drink. There are about 10 of us from the Golden Triangle Homebrew Club all going together. Cant wait.

I'll definitely be up for heading out for a couple beers if you're interested. I'm sure we can probably arrange a gathering with most of the HBT guys. I'll PM you soon with my contact info.

Just found this. If anyone is going to be in town on Wednesday the 10th Left Hand Brewery is sponsoring a Brews Cruise. Sounds like a blast and will stop at the following breweries: Boulder Beer, Left Hand Brewing Company, Pumphouse Brewery and Oskar Blues Brewery. Tickets are $40 and bus leaves at 9 a.m. Seats are filling up fast.

flying into Denver Thursday around 430 and heading straight to the fest. Then we will be visiting various brewpubs around Denver for the rest of the weekend.

If its not sold out we may give Friday a go too.

Originally posted by dblvsn
Just found this. If anyone is going to be in town on Wednesday the 10th Left Hand Brewery is sponsoring a Brews Cruise. Sounds like a blast and will stop at the following breweries: Boulder Beer, Left Hand Brewing Company, Pumphouse Brewery and Oskar Blues Brewery. Tickets are $40 and bus leaves at 9 a.m. Seats are filling up fast.

The folks from Left Hand were at Collins Pub in Seattle tonight rolling out their beers here in the Northwest. They mentioned this brew tour. I don't think I'll be in town early enough on Wednesday to participate though.

We should arrive on Wednesday afternoon, we are staying at the Holiday Inn Downtown. We'll be attending the Thursday Night and Saturday afternoon sessions. Thursday early afternoon we'll do the Downtown Denver walking beer tour, Friday we'll be heading out of town to hit breweries outside of Denver. Wednesday Night we'll be at the Falling Rock Taphouse for most of the evening.

Thursday night after the beer fest we usually crash the brewer's part at Rock Bottom. Friday night after the beer fest is the Alpha King Challenge at The Falling Rock. Wednesday Night is also the brewer's only party upstairs ay Wynkoop that we have crashed in previous years which is a good time.

...and there's always RichBrewer's beer fridge :D

...oh, and Dude, you suck for not going! ;)

Brewtopia said:
The folks from Left Hand were at Collins Pub in Seattle tonight rolling out their beers here in the Northwest.

I bought a 10 beer mix pack from World Market a couple of months ago that had 3 or 4 brews from Left Hand in it. Some mighty fine brews.

I will be flying in to Denver on the 10th for business, and will be attending the Thursday session, staying at the Courtyard on 16th st. :ban:

Saw this link floating around. The Cheeky Monk Looks like another great bar to hit up during the fest! beer4.gif Good find Brewtopia.

Just got my ticket for thursday night, going with a bunch of people from work, who all have to leave for a symposium on friday...which I am skipping. May go saturday night, but there is a concert I want to see in Boulder that night and I hear they run out of a lot of stuff by the last session.

I may have some ability to be in Denver late Friday through Sunday.
I won't really know for sure until I get back from BE in a couple of weeks.

Chris from The Falling Rock just sent me this email outlining the tapping schedule for GABF week. Here it is.

I've confirmed most of the kegs mentioned here (ie. they actually are in the distributor's warehouse) so here goes:

Falling Rock 2007 GABF Schedule

Monday Oct. 8th 5 pm GABF Kickoff Tapping Party

Our Countdown Clock reaches Zero and 10-12 Special Kegs Get Tapped.

Kegs are an assortment of kegs that I have saved for this event and some sent by the breweries for the tapping party.

Wednesday Oct. 10th 9 pm Artisanal Imports presents Urthel

Hildegard & Bas van Ostaden will bring a new beer made especially for tonight, Urthel GABF.

Thursday Oct 11th

3pm – Pyramid Unfiltered Amber

10pm - Stone Brewing, Greg’s Stash. I went to Stone and got to raid Greg Koch’s vintage Cellar for this event.

11:11 pm Falling Rock Goes to Eleven! He’Brew 11th Anniversary Bash. 11 Malts, 11 hops, 11%. At 11:11 on October 11th. Plus Kegs of Lenny on Rye (Bittersweet Lenny’s RIPA aged in a Rye Barrel), Origin Pomegranate Ale ( 8% amber with Pomegranates). Also we will be Tapping Stone’s 11th Anniversary Ale at 11:11.

Friday Oct. 12th

Noon - Sierra Nevada Harvest Ale “Kill-a-Keg” Come help us beat last year’s 34 minutes to drain a Keg of Harvest Ale.

3 pm - Rogue brewing is sending in a couple of very special kegs.

4 pm - Bosteel Brewing. Come meet Antoine Bosteels and drink some of his wonderful beers including Triple Karmeliet, Kwaak, and Deus.

10 pm - Dogfish Head Special Treats. Sam sent us some special kegs including 120 minute IPA, and World Wide Stout.

Saturday Oct. 13th

10 pm - New Belgium’s Love Fest. I was able to pick out some special small barrel beer for this year’s ‘Love’. Also will be the special Falling Rock 10th Anniversary Blend of La Folie.

whew,

chris

Anyone who will be attending the GABF this year, I am currently working on a contact list. Please PM me with your cell phone number and real name and any other contact information you would like to have passed on. I will compile the list and send it out to everyone by Wednesday of next week. See you soon! :mug: :tank: :drunk: :drunk:

OK.

I'm in.

I arrive too late on FRI for any substantial festivities.
I have a ducket for the afternoon SAT member's only session.
I leave SUN late afternoon.

All I could resonably find for lodging is a B&B ~ 25th AV and Arapahoe.

I've coordinated with Brewtopia to a degree, but I'll send a PM

I will be in Denver that weekend but am unable to attend the GABF, SWMBO & I will be around Friday night though, sat there is a wedding, so i maybe around sat night after that.

More than likely will be making an aperance at Falling Rock.

Cheers

I'd be going, but I'm having my own GABF in my neighborhood in Austin. Actually it's an Oktobefest. I wish it was on a different weekend, but such is life.

olllllo said:
They got you on the weekends too!

That sucks.

For the month of Oct and probably Nov, Dec as well. Project from hell and then the unplanned office relocation from hell on top of that. I'm taking a euro 3+ week holiday early in Jan. to reenergize I think.

So what are the MUST see breweries?
i've got my map and brewery list but need to start putting some on there.

a few from CO that i'd tip my hat to...
Mountain Sun, Bull and Bush, laughing dog, Oskar Blues, Odells, Ska, Tommyknocker
just a few i'd recommend.

IMO
New Belgium. Ft. Collins

1) It harkens back to the Brewery as Cathedral days, albeit in a sensible present-day way.
2) The predominant example of Green brewing and an ingenious method of heating and cooling in an economical way.
3) The sour beers, which you can't get in most of the US are outstanding.

EDIT: No matter what you think about their beer, you will obtain a new appreciation for what they have done and how they maintain their start-up roots as they have grown to into a major brewery.

they dont normally serve the best beers at ballparks......but

anyone know the schedule for the DBacks vs Rockies yet? If they are up there that Saturday I'd like to go

Chimone said:

anyone know the schedule for the DBacks vs Rockies yet? If they are up there that Saturday I'd like to go

Won't happen.

Gm 1COL @ ARI Thu Oct. 11TBD TBS
Gm 2COL @ ARI Fri Oct. 12TBD TBS
Gm 3ARI @ COL Sun Oct. 14TBD TBS
Gm 4ARI @ COL Mon Oct. 15 TBD TBS
Gm 5*ARI @ COL Wed Oct. 17TBD TBS
Gm 6*COL @ ARI Fri Oct. 19TBD TBS
Gm 7*COL @ ARI Sat Oct. 20TBD TBS

damn

looks like we'll just go find some bar in Denver to go support our DBacks on Friday then

Made my way into CO today after hitting the few breweries there are through SD and WY. In Fort Collins now and loving life. :drunk: Thursday cannot come soon enough. Looking forward to the Falling Rock Wednesday. :mug:

Chimone said:

In true Denver fashion we've got a Craft brewery in the stadium... Sandlot brewery... can't give a good account of them, it's been a few years since i've had one of theirs... But they will be at the GABF. Good luck getting tickets to the games. Not sure the schedule but i've heard of rockies fans heading to AZ because tix are easier to score there...

Im happy as long as I get to see them play whether it be tv or IRL.

dude, this week is going to drag. today, then tomorrow and all I can think about is getting on that plane early thursday.

We are in Durango tonight and will be making our way to Denver tomorrow. Should arrive late afternoon. See everyone at the Falling Rock tomorrow night!

dblvsn said:
Aww. He deleted it already. What was it???

Guy selling tickets for saturday night for $90. Funny, I got home and told my roomates about it, both of them had already e-mailed the guy during the day telling him he was a jerk.

Hey everyone,

I sent out the contact list to everyone who sent me information. If you didn't get a copy of the contact list PM me and I'll get you a copy. (only if your going to the GABF and you submitted your info, of course) Hopefully I got all the information transferred over correctly. If not, you sent it to me wrong or I'm just a ******* and I owe you a beer. See you all there:tank:

Back