New Houston Brewery

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice to see another Texas brewery opening up. Deep Ellum Brewing company is opening sometime in September too. I'm excited to try their beers.

There's a ton of breweries (compared to what there was a few years ago) opening up in Texas, despite our backassward beer laws. I can think of 3 in Dallas hoping to be open in the next year and 2 in Denton. I know Texas is a bad beer state, I just hope the market doesn't get saturated too quickly.

Although, I suppose Houston and Dallas have been way underrepresented, compared at least to Austin. Once the Dallas ones get stuff in the stores, I'd be more likely to buy their products than St. Arnolds, Shiner or Real Ale; the 3 Texas breweries I buy the most from now.

Assuming off course, they're making good beer.

Looking forward to some of the recent Houston (use that loosely) breweries to get up and rolling. No Label (Katy, TX) is one of my favorite right now. Karbach will be a nice addition and it is encouraging to see that pretty much damn near anyone that opens one succeeds here. I would love to get a microbrewery opened myself one day in the near future.

Theres also 8th Wonder and Buffalo Bayou that will be opening up soon. That will make 6 within the greater houston area... and no brewpub

I know this post is a few months old but what the heck...

I'm planning on a visit to Karbach. Eager to try their beer. I read about Galactic Coast down here in the Clear Lake area, but there isn't much info I can find, don't think they are brewing yet.

Need a brewery crawl here in Houston.

yup, agree with all. Karbach is putting out some tasty brews. The Rodeo Clown, Hopadillo & the Sympathy for the Lager are good. Hit the brewery for some samples then head over to the Petrol Station for more on tap & a KILLER burger with home fries. Makes for a good Saturday afternoon.

Seems that Petrol Station always has a few Karbachs on tap. Regards to Galactic, haven't heard anything about them for months. Are they still going to open?

haven't heard of Galactic? 8th Wonder should be up soon according to the Beer,TX blogs. The No Label brews are good too.

haven't heard of Galactic? 8th Wonder should be up soon according to the Beer,TX blogs. The No Label brews are good too.

I said I hadn't heard anything about them for months. Last update was a year ago. Their website is basically just a WordPress template. Do you have info on when/if Galactic is going to open or at least distribute?

Back