The Dysfunctional-Palooza Obnoxious Masshole BS Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love bww. Cheap wings, lots of sauce options, and a good tap selection. What do you have against it?

Stopped at the one on Rt 1 South on Friday last week after spending the day doing errands for my dad.
1. Crappy beer selection.
2. Parakeet wings.
3. Sauces were only so so. There was one jerk sauce that was good but ther rest, not so much.
4. Overpriced. $50 for 18 wings, and two beers. They charge for blue cheese and celery. BS!
5. I broke a tooth on a wing that had a bone chunk in an area where there ain't normally bones. That cost me $450 on Saturday, since insurance only covered half.
6. For my $500 I got a crown, some scrawny wings, some beer out of lines that hadn't been cleaned in ages, and a surly bartender.

I never said a word about the tooth, I had a sh!tty dentist as a kid and every one of my soft Irish teeth will eventually get yanked out of my head so I figured that wan't her fault. I didn't say anything about the small wings, she ain't the cook. But I did tell her politely that my first beer tasted funny and asked for something different. The next one had the same taste and I suggested that maybe the lines were overdue and I'd just have a gin and tonic instead. And she gets all nasty and defensive and ended up charging me for the two beers. I just paid it and left, wasn't worth arguing over. But that will be my last time going to BWW.

Mile Marker One on Sundays watching the Pat's game. Actually, I've never had the wings. I always go with the Raw Platter. They have a wings special but the raw bar is too enticing. Gettin' fr*ggin cold sitting outside tho.

We went diving yesterday, left the dock with frost on the deck, I finished the final dive of the day just before kickoff. I guarantee you I was colder than you were. Water temp in the 40's at 65'. But I got a gallon ziplock bag filled with shucked scallops for my trouble. Time to switch back to the dry suit soon.

Alice stayed home and fed logs into the oven all morning. The dome was nice and hot when we got back so I cooked up some fresh scallop pizza. Im getting the hang of things cooking in the oven. My dough needs work.

How long do you let your dough rest for? I remember for the bbq you mentioned that you were kind of making the dough last minute (<24hrs) I followed these recommendations:

vimeo.com/47961386

They put an emphasis on cold and slow rise time for the dough. I also read in other forums that the food processor may be key in building the right kind of dough. How do you knead your dough?

You need to do some kind of shrimp/lobster or seafood fra diavolo in that oven!

I made this last batch of dough on Wednesday@ 62% hydration. It was too wet for me, I'm not used to dough that wet. I may have used too much yeast also. It was way too full of bubbles. I put it in the fridge in bulk overnight then punched down and portioned into 400 gram balls into individual containers. That was a good size but the dough was beyond my ability to work on the bench and absolutely beyond my ability to toss.

Nope, I took her to Flemings steak house.
. Btw. I've been remiss in not publicly recognizing Dakota for everything he did to help me get ready on the morning of Masstoberfest. If he hadn't showed up at 5:45 and got me out of bed we would not have eaten until 5 that night. I worked that lad like a red headed stepchild, which got him primed to brew. I've NEVER seen anybody sweat so much while brewing. I think he was worried that if he didn't get home in time his SWMBO would perform a Yeager-otomy on his gonads. Solid work Dakota. Solid work.

Went to Harpoon last night for Brooklyn Brewery's MASH tour. Pretty neat discussion going on with Dan Kenary, Steve Hindy, Will Meyers, Jim Koch, and Dann Paquette. Lessons learned from last night.....Jim Koch is one funny muthaf*cker....and if you want to know what it takes to open a brewery professionaly listen to those guys and not any of these "so I went pro treads" here on HBT...:D

Dakota is pretty awesome! He certainly made us all look like lazy shleps.

Thanks Melana!
The lazy shleps are those that do not brew!
I had thoughts of steak and brew, so I figured it's time to brew!
Time to end this rhyme with GFY!

Dann and Co. hit on this a little bit lastnight at Harpoon....but from the timing of the tweets it looks as if the party went on even longer at Harpoon than the 11 o'clock curfew....http://bdcwire.com/somerville-brewe...practices/?p1=Topofpage:Carousel_sub_headline

yeah... that shti is blowing up... Good for Dann. Not sure I would have gone about it EXACTLY like he did but... it's a very real problem. You'l never get 100% of the shadiness out of any business but this particular issue is more than a minor nuisance

pfft... yeah... I'M the shady one out of the three??? You don't hang out at the Bog enough young lady.

We only have limited experience with this sort of stuff and nothing direct (that I'll talk about). But... I'm sure that is simply a function of how small we are. Shti like that goes on all the time with bars, distributors, and certain breweries. I think as craft beer continues to grow and more and more breweries pop up, stuff like pay-to-play and especially the three-tier system are going to get put into the spot light more and more... which is a good thing for breweries and ultimately beer nerds.

pfft... yeah... I'M the shady one out of the three??? You don't hang out at the Bog enough young lady.

We only have limited experience with this sort of stuff and nothing direct (that I'll talk about). But... I'm sure that is simply a function of how small we are. Shti like that goes on all the time with bars, distributors, and certain breweries. I think as craft beer continues to grow and more and more breweries pop up, stuff like pay-to-play and especially the three-tier system are going to get put into the spot light more and more... which is a good thing for breweries and ultimately beer nerds.

As with most things... bigger is usually better.

And no, I do not hang at the Bog... too far to drive for me.

Me... "You coming to Masstoberfest ?"

Cape... "Maybe, I'm all alone at the Bog that day, maybe after we close."

Me... "Everyone who comes brings samples of their beer."

Cape... "We charge $5/pint."

Me... "I don't think you understand. This is between friends."

Cape... "Oh. So that's the way it's going to be, eh? Ok, how much for a line?"

Me... "What?"

Cape... "Hey. I get it. Pay to play. $100? $200?"

Me... "No that's not what I meant."

Cape..."$500? You're really sticking it to me."

Me... "No. You don't understand."

Cape... "OK. A grand. I can't go any higher than that or FW will kill me."