My Sanyo Kegerator build

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HoppyMaltPoet

Reaction score
I know this build has been done a thousand times but I thought I would post mine here as well.

Before surgery
IMG_33502.JPG

Top off
IMG_33511.JPG

Underside of top
IMG_33521.JPG

Refrigerant line marked out
IMG_33542.JPG

Making cutout for tower support
IMG_33552.JPG

Wooden support base for tower
IMG_33571.JPG

Pilot hole
IMG_33582.JPG

I'm through!!!!!
IMG_33591.JPG

All taped up
IMG_33623.JPG

T-nuts in place and ready to mount tower and rails
IMG_33633.JPG

All Done
IMG_33642.JPG

Dressed up a bit
IMG_33651.JPG

Stocked and ready to go
IMG_33663.JPG

The sign was a gift from SWMBO
IMG_33671.JPG

Time to drink :mug:

Fifty Cents? Methinks she underestimates the quality of your brew, my friend.

Nice build! Clean and easy to follow.

Nice touch with the padlock as well.

The only thing I didn't do on this build...yet, was to add the PC fan to blow cold air up the tower. Anyone else not add this and have problems with foaming? I have yet to try, but I can easily add this if it makes a big difference.

Looks good. You can also built a shelf/extension behind the kegs and keep the CO2 tank there if you so desire.

Looks good. You can also built a shelf/extension behind the kegs and keep the CO2 tank there if you so desire.

Yeah I have the wood left over to do that, but since I am using a small 2 1/2lb tank in the fridge it fits on the door. I use my 5lb to force carb, then I use the 2 1/2 to push. I figure if I want I can add the shelf at another point, but then I have to remove the inside of the door. Not that it is a problem, but if it works...!!!!

i see you marked the coolant line, but how did you determine where it was before starting?

I used the cornstarch and alcohol method but to be honest I couldn't really tell if one area was drying more than another. So I went by touch. I could feel the heat from the coolant line and I marked it in several places to be sure and taped it off.

Do you have the model # for that fridge?

Looks good!

I wanna give it a shot.

4912. I got it on craigslist for 50 bucks. It is a bit older of a model. I think the newer one has a black interior.

Update to this build

So I installed the fan in this build yesterday. I did it real cheap. It cost me nothing since I had all the parts lying around. It may be a bit ghetto, but again it was free.

I used a disposable Glad food container for this. Cheap yes...effective yes. Does it look good...not a chance but it is inside the fridge and it does its job.
IMG_3587.jpg

I cut a hole in the top to mount the fan to.
IMG_35891.jpg

I had a box of power adapters in my basement and found this one in it. 12v 1000mA, more than adequate. I cut the end off and split and stripped the wires.
IMG_3590.jpg

I soldered the wires to this fan after testing to make sure I had the ground and power right.
IMG_3591.jpg

This is the fan mounted in the container and a hose (left over from a washing machine hookup) was fitted into the side and cut to size to blow up the tower.
IMG_3596.jpg

The wire was fed up through the drain (prior to soldering) and the fan placed towards the back of the fridge behind the kegs.
IMG_3597.jpg

Do you find the tap tower stable enough with just the bolts going through the plywood under the plastic cap? I have the exact same fridge and I am going to mod it this weekend. I keep debating whether I should run the bolts through the fridge.

Do you find the tap tower stable enough with just the bolts going through the plywood under the plastic cap? I have the exact same fridge and I am going to mod it this weekend. I keep debating whether I should run the bolts through the fridge.

I worried the same thing, but I read a post about someone hitting the refrigerant line when they tried to go through with the bolts. I do think they tried to go back a bit instead of centering it, but I was just worried because I felt I was so close as it was with the hole for the beer lines. And honestly it is pretty stable. The plywood really adds a lot of stability. I haven't had any issues doing it this way.

Back