How 'bout dem Eagles?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evets

Reaction score
I'm not really a big football fan but I do root for the home-team. I think they're doing well under adverse circumstances. (ie No McNabb, who I personally think is washed up, being injured too many times to be reliable)

Jeff Garcia is another guy who has NEVER gotten enough respect, even when he was making Pro Bowls in San Fran. I wouldn't blame the Eagle's earlier season woes on McNabb, but it's great that they had Garcia on the bench for when the team finally started coming together. Helluva lot better than whichever one of the Detmer brothers used to be the backup!

:off:Jeff Garcia plays well for Philly and Harrington plays well for Miami. It's not even funny how well players can do in another organization besides Detroit.

Interesting to note that the Eagles have done well since Jimmy Johnson said they had no chance.:D

It should be a really good game this weekend. Philly, as a sports town, is really used to playing under adverse conditions. Win or loose this post season, I can't help but be happy with my home team. The McNabb issue, Kearse being out, TO last year, plus the entire 80s and 90s were fairly rough. Aikers needs to get his accuracy back and we need a smile from lady luck, but this has been an amazing year.

Ryan_PA said:
Philly, as a sports town, is really used to playing under adverse conditions.
For some reason, this reminded me of a story Terry Francona (Red Sox manager) told when he first came to Boston. He was asked if he was concerned with the blood-thirsty, impatient fans in Boston. He replied by telling a story about how he left a game (which Philly had WON!!) on Fan Appreciation Day just to find his tires slashed and his car keyed in the parking lot. The semi-off-topic point? Philly fans are bitchybitches!!!! Where's the brotherly love??????

Ryan_PA said:
It should be a really good game this weekend. Philly, as a sports town, is really used to playing under adverse conditions. Win or loose this post season, I can't help but be happy with my home team. The McNabb issue, Kearse being out, TO last year, plus the entire 80s and 90s were fairly rough. Aikers needs to get his accuracy back and we need a smile from lady luck, but this has been an amazing year.
Akers got his holder back, at least. The Eagles resigned Detmer today.

Detroit didn't make the playoffs and the Jets and Giants get knocked out in the first round. Once Indy is out I can forget about football for this season.

Back