Low pressure gauge dropping fast BUT co2 tank feels heavy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

treemind

Reaction score
Dang, I sure have had lots of difficulties dealing with my first month of Kegging. Not with the Kegs mind you, but with the co2 and the regulators.
Lost all my gas in one week from a leak on the first try, then after refilling this last weekend, Just one week later It is reading under 400 again and dropping fast. it was 450 yesterday and 500 the day before so it is not just a sign of low readings because of cold keezer and holding steady.

So I checked it with star san for bubbles and stuff and i see no signs of a leak at all. Here is the BIG difference... Last time my gauge dropped my tank was very light and felt EMPTY as the regulator kept dropping. This week it feels totally full, just the way it felt after it was first filled... or at least closer to that five pound feel.

Could i have a High Pressure Gauge that is on the fritz and giving me incorrect readings?

I hope i don't have a faulty regulator.

ahhh... crap. Never mind. Just found a leak. This time from the release valve on top of the keg. I didn't notice the bubbles at first because i was so focused on the regulator and valves that attatched to the keg. So for almost a day i have been leaking c02 on a freshly carbed beer mostly full in my keg. I am hoping my gas lasts through the next day because all the welding shops are closed today. I can't believe this. The last thing i need is a full keg of flat nasty beer. argggg...

Back