Can i make my beer sick?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HillbillyDeluxe

Reaction score
Here is a question you might not have heard before! Can i make my beer sick!? Situation: I have a severe cold and i'm ready to bottle. Can i infect the beer and risk getting sick again later when i drink it? I know it might seem silly but it seems plausible. Thoughts?:drunk:

No, you can't infect the beer. Can the cold virus live long enough on the bottles to reinfect you? No, 2-3 days is the limit.

No, you can't infect the beer. Can the cold virus live long enough on the bottles to reinfect you? No, 2-3 days is the limit.

That would be long enough to get Conroe sick. Remember, his beers are ready for drinking within hours of bottling. I am so just kidding here. :cross: Please don't start a day by day blog to prove me wrong.

I don't think you can get the same strain of cold twice. There are hundreds of different strains and once you get one, you have the antibodies. Theoretically you should get fewer colds as you get older.

At some point you should stop getting colds altogether. :)

Wow, that's very encouraging as I sit here and suffer through the SIXTH F-ing day of this cold. :(

I WANT TO BE WELL AND I WANT TO BE WELL RIGHT NOW DAMN-IT!!!!!

Sorry, I just need to get that off my mucus filled chest.

I have been suffering through a cold since the 23rd of December. Yesterday, when I woke up I felt worse than any other day of the cold. I could barely breathe when I woke up to the point that it momentarily panicked me.

This one is really hanging on tight to my chest.

I had heard that enough beer would cure the cold but I guess I haven't hit that quantity yet. ;)

My beer made ME sick.

Well, I really did it to myself, New Year's Eve. I drank a 2 liter bottle of 7.5% ABV Cherry Wheat, mixed with a lot of Dunkel Weiss.

Too many beers...:drunk:

Back