Blichmann Conical Fermenter Manual?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought mine used and it too didn't have a manual. I emailed John at Blichmann with the part number and he was able to send me a PDF of the manual. John's email address is on the homepage of the Blichmann Engenerring web site.

For what do you require the manual? Part numbers for replacement parts?

I'm not the OP, but I do like to download and view manuals for some purchases ($$$) if possible. Sometimes this helps me decide whether to make the purchase or not, and at least I'll have a head start if I do order.

The manual that it came with is fairly useless.

I did learn one thing from it. Other than a little wielding for the legs, you can pretty much assemble your own conical right out of the industrial parts catalogs.

The cone is a spun steel hopper, on which the manufacturer performs laser cuts for valves as an option, and that same goes for the dome cover in terms of laser cuts. The cover comes from a corny keg. The seal and ring come from a swimming pool filter. The legs are standard stock, and the valves are standard issue as well.

I do not have the 'tri-clamp' fittings for mine. I haven't searched yet but I am willing to bet that they can be purchased for like 1/4 the cost. If someone is able to source the 'tri-clamp' blow-off hose holder thing, it would be a service to us all.

If I ever desire to increase my fermentation capacity. I will do just this. I have all of the pieces pretty much already all picked out --- no interior wielding required.

The manual that it came with is fairly useless.

I did learn one thing from it. Other than a little wielding for the legs, you can pretty much assemble your own conical right out of the industrial parts catalogs.

The cone is a spun steel hopper, on which the manufacturer performs laser cuts for valves as an option, and that same goes for the dome cover in terms of laser cuts. The cover comes from a corny keg. The seal and ring come from a swimming pool filter. The legs are standard stock, and the valves are standard issue as well.

I do not have the 'tri-clamp' fittings for mine. I haven't searched yet but I am willing to bet that they can be purchased for like 1/4 the cost. If someone is able to source the 'tri-clamp' blow-off hose holder thing, it would be a service to us all.

If I ever desire to increase my fermentation capacity. I will do just this. I have all of the pieces pretty much already all picked out --- no interior wielding required.

The blow off thing looks like a 90 degree elbow and a hose barb. Pretty standard tri clamp fittings.

Back