My brewery is closed until further notice....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andre the giant

Reaction score
But it's for a good reason.... We're finishing the basement. Once complete, I'll be able to use the bar we've had in storage down there for the last 6 years. I'll also have a beer fridge!!! And I'll probably keg or mini keg some batches and have it on draft.

In the mean time, I've got about 9 cases of beer to hold me over.

Time to start hammering!!!!:ban: :rockin:

If you are doing the work yourself, then I have two words:Framing Gun. I finished the basement in my old house before I moved, and did all the framing myself. I priced the gun into the job, since I already had the compressor. I was able to frame my entire basement by myself in 2 weekends. Now, I had done framing work before, but having the gun makes it a lot easier.

We've hired a friend, who also happens to be a contractor, to do the basement and replace the siding, soffets and gutters. My wife and I will be providing labor as well. He's bringing his compressor and a couple framing guns, and says that we should have all the framing done in one day with three of us working on it. Lumber and insulation arrived yesterday. Construction starts Friday evening. Between now and then I need to dismantle the beer shelves, and stack my brewing supplies somewhere out of the way. (Unfortunately, "out of the way"is a fictional place, kinda like "never-never land" or "middle earth")

When I did mine, I left one room unfinished until the end, and put all the stuff that needed to stay in the basement during the project in there. Once everything else was done, I moved it out and finished that room. Worked out pretty good.

Truble said:
If you are doing the work yourself, then I have two words:Framing Gun. I finished the basement in my old house before I moved, and did all the framing myself. I priced the gun into the job, since I already had the compressor. I was able to frame my entire basement by myself in 2 weekends. Now, I had done framing work before, but having the gun makes it a lot easier.

Was it a Swingline?

It was a swingline-it doesn't bind up as much.

and I asked for no salt on the Marguerita---NO SALT!!

sudsmonkey said:
I was thinking the same thing. Her/ HIs/ Their profile doesn't give a gender. Whatever AHammer is, it's hot !
Since Hammer isn't here to splain himself...she's the chick from Twin Peaks...the one who died before the show ever started.

Back