How many HBTers have you met in person..?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mosa stopped by the space yesterday to check out the construction. I've now met 27 HBT'ers.

Also, saw mcaustin and swmbo at Big Al's Brewing opening last night. But, I'd met them earlier this year at the cask brewer's festival.

How many forum members have you met in person?
One. Noticed from his posts he was near me, turned out he lived in the same county (did some googling). Sent a PM that I was about to toss three glass carboys, wondered if he wanted them. He did, we met; nice guy.

Rick

Just one here, too. Turns out we have a mutual friend that lives only a couple of miles from me. They both live on colonies and visit each other from time to time. One time they were visiting and the topic of brewing came up. The one mentioned that he'd briefly chatted with another Manitoban homebrewer and the other said he knew a homebrewer down the road. Guess what?

Uh... as the originator of the thread, I probably write it in...

Number is 6

PTN
Melana
BigJohn
Kai
JustMrWill
BullBears (where's that problem child..?)

Met all at PTN's brewdays, except Kai --went to his house for decotion(s)!

I hope to meet the Western Mass-South Vermont contingent at some point, as well as the newish members in the immediate area --a tPTN upcoming brew day, perhaps?

I hope to meet the Western Mass-South Vermont contingent at some point, as well as the newish members in the immediate area --a tPTN upcoming brew day, perhaps?

There's a brew day on 09-20, I think at PTN's house. Boston's flying up from North Carolina to hang out. There's also the party at Jester and Red's place in Stowe coming up on the 08-30; it's a haul from Boston, but I'm pretty sure Kai was coming up; you might be able to arrange a carpool. Sounds like it's going to be a pretty good turnout, and these gatherings are always a complete blast. SWMBO's coming along; I may make her brew for the first time!

bigjohnmilford said:
update, thanks to the group keg buy and the bawston brew gathering swmbo and I have met a bunch more hbters.

DaveyBoy
jeff91082
beerbuddy
beergears
justmrwill
Paulthenurse
Kaiser

and we met up with Edwort back in Febuary. Hope to meet more folks as the good weather is here and we'll be doing a little traveling here and there.

:mug:

add Jester and Red to the list. We had a great lunch with them in Burlington and meet up with Jester again the following day. Thanks for the beer and pint glasses.

I was over at Warriors place in York, PA for a few brews last week...

We sampled a couple bottles of my Hefe Weizen, Double Chocolate Coconut Stout, and some Apfelwein...:drunk:...he offered up some 8 year old Imperial Stout and Barleywine...I don't recall if there were more...:drunk:

The day after...I went to Mr. Steve's HBS in York, PA and we drank some of my Apfelwine, Double Chocolate Coconut Stout and a bottle of Barkshack Ginger Mead...:drunk:

All in all, it was a good business trip...aside from actually going into work...:D

I live out in nowhere. Surprising how many HBTers are in Michigan, and yet nobody is near me.. Hopefully I will get to meet some at one of the beer gatherings someday.

Haven't updated for a while:

JestersRed (of course!)
evanmars
the_bird
kappclark
bigjohnmilford
Melana

recently added

Glibbidy
Zymurgrafi

Jester369
JestersRed

2nd Street
Chillhayze
Glibbidy
Hippie
Vermicious
Knights of Gambrinius (or whatever he calls himself these days ;))
Kaiser
Dude
Boston
Orpheus
Kappclark
Evanmars
Raymcneill (he's official now ;))
ollllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllo
bnutting

S.O.B.
Ohiobrewtus
BrewingMama

#21. Melana

I've only met some of the AZ members. I don't get to travel much. Olllllo, cool dude with knowledge about beer I will probably never know. BrandonO, student that is going places, with a SWMBO that enjoys brewing also. Desert Monkey, enjoys strange brew, but thats the type to teach us what the next big thing will be. Chimone, the most hi-tech brewer I have met(read jealous here). Berber, new to brewing with a yearning to learn all the secrets to great beer. I missed meeting Orphy while he was here :(, had I known he would have been at the pub I would have dropped all to make it.
Any other AZ brewers that will be at the Tucson beer festival next weekend I would love to meet. Just call my handle over the PA and I will head that way( I will be the one with a beer in his hand) LOL.
wild
desertbrew
Yuri

I finally get to post her! W00t!

We spent a little over an hour having a late lunch with Z987K at the Oscar Blues Brewery in Lyons Colorado Yesterday. What a cool guy! He rode to Colorado on his Motorcycle where we managed to catch up with him.

So:
1. Z987K

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjohnmilford

update, thanks to the group keg buy and the bawston brew gathering swmbo and I have met a bunch more hbters.

DaveyBoy aka justdave
jeff91082
beerbuddy
beergears
justmrwill
Paulthenurse
Kaiser

and we met up with Edwort back in Febuary. Hope to meet more folks as the good weather is here and we'll be doing a little traveling here and there.

add Jester and Red to the list. We had a great lunch with them in Burlington and meet up with Jester again the following day. Thanks for the beer and pint glasses.

Over the past weekend we had the pleasure of meeting
Boston Friday @ Owen O'Learys
Hippie
adigeso now known as sumo there must be a story here from masstoberfest.
Hoss
Bullsbeers

Sorry we missed meeting donasay and a few of the others that showed up after we had left.

I think that's got me up to 15. I can't wait to meet more of the cool people.

After a Lancaster Homebrew Club brewday on Saturday:

#4) Warrior
#5) Evets
#6) imasickboy
#7) Dadrick
#8) brewt00l

Not sure if Jeremiah is an HBT member...

Back