Am I the only one who dislikes IPAs?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Touche gd... touche.

I'd say its more like letting your kid sister date that one dude from twilight though... Robert Pattington or whatever. Everyone tells you how awesome he is but you just don't see it.

Touche gd... touche.

I'd say its more like letting your kid sister date that one dude from twilight though... Robert Pattington or whatever. Everyone tells you how awesome he is but you just don't see it.

Nahhh, more like the person your friend is setting you up with, who's a friend of the one HE wants to get 'involved' with... Sure, she's got a GREAT personality. Translation: she might have a great personality, but her face will curdle milk while it's still in the cow. :eek: Medusa would win a beauty contest between the two of them. :eek:

ok, I'll stop... :D

Told you I was an *******...

I'm not a huge fan--on most occasions I'd much rather have something more balanced, if hop-forward, like an ESB. Sometimes I can appreciate a good hoppy beer, but I've frankly never understood the "hoppier is better" crowd. Much like the "more alcoholic is better" crowd, their sensibility seems to some extent based on showing people how much they can take. It's like the guy who drinks hot sauce straight from the bottle to show everyone how manly he is. I'm not saying I don't like a hoppy beer, but more hops for the sake of "extremeness" doesn't appeal to me.

I'm not saying I don't like a hoppy beer, but more hops for the sake of "extremeness" doesn't appeal to me.

Sure you are. You're just not there yet. It's like a junkie. You don't want more for the sake of anything other than wanting more.

:tank:

For me, the taste for IPA's come and go but of late, I'm digging the Habanero Sculpin IPA clone I've brewed.

Sure you are. You're just not there yet. It's like a junkie. You don't want more for the sake of anything other than wanting more.

:tank:

Don't know about that...I've been drinking craft brew and homebrew for going on ten years now...if I was going to get the itch, I figure I'd have gotten it by now.

/begin rant

It's been said before and it'll be said again. Drink what you like. There isn't a book of manliness (womanliness too :p) that states that you have to like every type of beer on the planet.

I honestly hated Belgians when I first started drinking beer and now I can't get enough of them.

I find that my tastes actually fluctuate with the season. Like in the summer I couldn't be caught dead with a stout in my hand but a crisp cream ale or amber lager and I'm in heaven.

Again not everyone likes every type of beer. :drunk:

/end rant

Back