Excited about keg kit

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stinkydadhomebrew

Reaction score
Ordered a 2 keg kit today from kegconnection.com Should allow me to get more brews going and ready for drinking at any given time. just need to clear out the bottom of the cooler to make room for the kegs!

I bought the same setup from keg connection. It was the best purchase ever! I am nowenjoying the third keg from the fridge in my garage. Pouring a fresh, homebrewed draft at my house is what I imagine Heaven to be like. Enjoy my friend! I hope you have a lot of time to brew, though, because the beer doesn't last as long in the keg.

I am also getting ready to purchase some kegs, probably get 3. Bottling does suck, but I will still do some, but more than likely will just fill some growlers for travel.

I just started the hobby and am still a bit nervous about makinig that big of a purchase. Then again, I have 2 batches in bottles, 1 in primary, and am going to brew again tomorrow so sooner or later it is going to make more sense to start kegging if for no other reason than to clean up the bottles I have sitting in the closet.

I might also have to consider drinking more or making more friends. :tank:

Did they give you the $10 brokerage fee deal? Orders over $200 only have to pay $10 brokerage.

I've been kegging for years. I recently bottle conditioned for a recent competition. It was such a PITA. Kegging offers me the ability to only clean that one big 5 or 3 gallon bottle....and to be able to enjoy my beers much sooner.

In hindsight, I don't know why I felt like I had to bottle condition for that competition. It's extremely easy to bottle a few bottles from a keg if needed.
Also, the entries in the competition that were not bottle conditioned, appeared to be clearer, more stable, and without any sludge at the bottom that could have been mixed if improperly handled.

Keg kit arrived today...very quick shipping...less than a week! Everything was nicely packed and very secure.

Opened up and everything looks fantastic. Regulator/hoses/CO2 tank are in perfect new condition. Corny kegs are really good quality. All Orings replaced and very clean inside and out! Excellent job so far kegconnection.com.

Will be kegging this weekend, and will let everyone know how it goes!

Congrats on your kegs, I am a few months away from this but its good to know service is good from kegconnection.com. I will keep them in mind. Happy brewing, and kegging. :D

I emailed them from ebay to see if they'd ship with ups instead of usps, they said that they have a deal with usps for orders over $200, just $10 brokerage fee. I'll be ordering from them soon.

go ahead and order a couple more kegs. trust me, you'll be wanting them in a couple months or so!

cheers!

And the sickness begins. I also started with a two keg system from Keg connection back in December. I now have three kegs full of beer and another four empty kegs in the basement. They multiply like Cheetos dust.

everyone on here are enablers! enablers, the lot of you!

I have one batch in the fermenter just waiting to be kegged, and then the next kit is on the shelf waiting to be brewed, fermented, and then kegged!

Maybe more kegs are going to be needed :)

More carboys, more buckets, more kegs, repeat...welcome to the obsession!
I have two batches in secondary, one in primary, two empty kegs, and two empty primary buckets. Time to brew!

Back