Serving brewery beer from Keg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heyvail

Reaction score
I am new at this, very new. I am going to fill up a corny of ESB at a brewery for a party this weekend. The air house is about 4 feet long and it will be served picnic tap style(3' long) all sitting in a tub of snow inside the house.
What pressure should I be roughly at to start with???

With a short hose like that, I'd only use 1-2 PSI to push it out. Anymore, and you'll be foaming like crazy.

Yeah, that's a pretty short beer line. Start with 1 or 2 psi as McK suggests and adjust as needed from there. Or get a longer line.

Hi,

The length of the gas line doesn't really matter, but you have a pretty short beer line. Start at 1 psi and adjust the regulator up until you get a nice pour.
If you can, get the keg in place a few hours early so it has time to settle.

You wouldn't want to leave the beer at 1 psi all of the time. The co2 would eventually migrate out of the beer, but since it's only for a party it will be ok.

Good luck!

Your local Home Depot should have cheap beverage line in their plumbing/faucet section.

Thanks for all the input guys. I didn't think I would need much pressure to push out the beer, I'll just find a spot where it pours good. Getting two corny kegs filled for the weekend.

At the end of the night I am thinking I should pressurize the kegs up to about 20 psi and disconnect. I am sure I will lose CO2 volume during serving and I should counter that. I am also thinking as soon as I get up in the morning I will put them back on the CO2 and set it for 12psi until serving time(noonish). Does that sound reasonable??? I don't want flat beer the next day.

Back