Cool Thermometer Idea

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

captianoats

Reaction score
I got one of those bluetooth thermometers for christmas. It's got a satellite that you can put outside and it beams the temperature to an LCD screen inside. Well, I live across the street from a bank, and all I have to do is look out the window to see their sign that shows the temperature...

This is when I got my idea. I put the "outside" thermometer in my basement next to my fermenters. Now I don't have to walk downstairs to check on my ambient temps. (It's an unfinished basement, so the temperatures don't always stay consistent with what the thermostat is set at)

Just an idea for anyone like me that has temp differences between what they keep their house at and what their beer room sits at.

A friend of mine does this and as no complaints. It's better than his older method of having his children go down into the basement and yell up the vents what the temp is.

Back