Maryland Fall Brew Day 2008 - 10/11/2008

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jezter6 ---- Confirmed
shootermeb ---- Confirmed
jmulligan + HWMO ---- Confirmed
98EXL + SWMBO ---- Confirmed
claphamsa! wooo!-00 confirmeded
monty73741 00 confirmed

hey who do i paypal again for beer

Eventually it will be me, although you can bring $$ to the meet. The paypal link in the original post was for the last brewday.

I'll get a final number once I work out how many batches need to be done and how much ingredients need to be purchased to get that many batches.

Jezter6 ---- Confirmed
monty73741 00 confirmed
Cugel -- confirmed

I'll be there! If you need me to pick up anything from MDHB let me know.

Jezter6 ---- Confirmed
monty73741 00 confirmed
Cugel -- confirmed
adx -- confirmed

I dunno, I thought it was just friday, but I felt like talking like that anyway

So right now we're looking at 7 batches.
Keep the signups coming!!!

I've put an inquiry in today with my LHBS (Tom @ Thirsty Brewer) to see if he can handle this much EKGs...I'll be calling MDHB later if Tom can't accomodate us.

Suck ass, I just found out that Oct 11 is the only day (within the next month) my caterer/cake/reception site people can meet to discuss wedding crap. :mad:

HWMO and I are out. Sorry guys. :(

So right now we're looking at 7 batches.
Keep the signups coming!!!

I've put an inquiry in today with my LHBS (Tom @ Thirsty Brewer) to see if he can handle this much EKGs...I'll be calling MDHB later if Tom can't accomodate us.

The only EKGs that MDHB has are whole leaf. Not sure if that matters to anyone, but just an FYI.

Also, what kind of equipment will we need? All I have is a 5 gal tun and I've painfully found out it's upper limit is 12# of grain. However, I could bring my turkey fryer which will boil 6.5 gallons with fermcap drops (that I have).

I have 2 burners and 2 kettles capable of 10g batches.

If 98exl and clap get their crap together, they should have 10g+ kettles as well.

A few extra burners, propane cylinders, and mash tuns are always appreciated.

I have 2 burners and 2 kettles capable of 10g batches.

If 98exl and clap get their crap together, they should have 10g+ kettles as well.

A few extra burners, propane cylinders, and mash tuns are always appreciated.

i have a burner, and a um, mashtun (big?) and 3 tanks. all empty :p i also have meade.

Latest list:

Jezter6 ---- Confirmed
monty73741 00 confirmed
Cugel -- confirmed
adx -- confirmed

7 batches? that's it? :p

Latest list:

Jezter6 ---- Confirmed
monty73741 00 confirmed
Cugel -- confirmed
adx -- confirmed

7 batches? that's it? :p

Nope, I won't be there.

New list:
Jezter6 ---- Confirmed
monty73741 00 confirmed
Cugel -- confirmed
adx -- confirmed

FYI - I have to order the hops tomorrow to be in by the 11th, so please make your signups by lunch tomorrow - otherwise we may need to do some last minute hop arrangments.

Ok, I ordered the hops today and I have enough base grain to cover this and made sure the shop's got enough specialty grains for 8 batches.

So, looks like we're gonna do 4x10g batches. shootermeb and I will take 10 gallons if we needs it.

As for the yeast - I think personally everyone can byo that - maybe a bunch of us want to try out some different yeasts and such. The recipe calls for WLP001, which I think is the equivalent of 1056.

I may use nottingham if I can finds it, otherwise I will probably use a London Ale yeast for mine.

98EXL: you gonna have me a ghetto stirplate by then? :p

I don't have the exact recipe at hand, but I think it's ~$30 per 5g batch. I know there's about 16# of grain and 3oz hops per batch, so you can go from there at an approximate cost. We'll have a final price once I get the hops in and find out exactly what all the grains and hops cost.

Again - byo yeasties, unless someone wants to bring some to share.

Update: Added the address to the first post in the thread for those of you who may not see the forum much in the next few days.

See you Saturday!!!

hey, ADX... when you goign to MDHB? could you pick me up some stuff? (yeast, campden) Ill order and pay in advance :) or are you getting it elsewhere?

I'll probably swing by there either today or later in the week. Just send me an IM or PM with what you need and you can pay me next Saturday.

monty73741 00 confirmed
Cugel -- confirmed
adx -- confirmed

98EXL + SWMBO ---- UnConfirmed

Back