Oh Sweet Baby Jebus Hep Me Now!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jimbob

Reaction score
Phone Transcript:
JB: "This is Jimbob"
JBW (Jimbob's Wife): "Hi Honey hows work going?"
JB: "Oh you know, pretty busy...been working on..."
JBW: "There's been an explosion here."
JB: "What?!?!...Where?!?!?!...The House?!?!"
JBW: "Yep in the kitchen, you have some work to do...check your email...see you when you get home...Love ya"...giggle...Click

photo.jpg

photo1.jpg

photo2.jpg

This was a raspberry melomel that I brewed last night. When we got up this morning it was about to blow out the airlock. So WE..the wife and I...decided to put it in the sink and it should be fine. Right!!!

I have actually had the carboy cap blow off with such force that it broke a lightbulb in my basement.

LOL!!!

Not to laugh at your situation but this kind of humorous accident cracks me up!

You may want spray a little bleach on the ceiling to remove those stains:)

Did you get a call back??? What was that conversation like.....

No..No...No, call back just packed up and came home and cleaned up the mess. We both had a really good laugh about the wife is a good sport. I will say however that she was on the edge of being mad, but me coming home to clean up made it all better.

As far as stains, no stains, I do however have to do some touch up painted n the ceiling because when we scrubbed it off it took some of the texture. No big, just a quick touch up job and all will be good.

That's why I shared so others could get a laugh out of it too.:mug:

hehe, you saw krauesen about to blow the bung out of the fermenter and thought "as long as it's in the sink it'll be okay"?

That's like seeing a lit stick of dynamite and thinking, "hmm, as long as I put it inside this cardboard box, everything should be alright".

hehe, you saw krauesen about to blow the bung out of the fermenter and thought "as long as it's in the sink it'll be okay"?

That's like seeing a lit stick of dynamite and thinking, "hmm, as long as I put it inside this cardboard box, everything should be alright".

LMAO...Not really, it was an easy boil out and had been there since early yesterday evening. Where I was a DumbA** was I didn't think about the berries cloging the airlock as it rose.

I put a pint glass over the airlock after one fermentation where I walk into the kitchen to a very fine spray of cider coming out of the holes. Since it was blackberry, I'm lucky they didn't clog first.

Man that is cool. I can only hope to have that happen one day. Violent melomels kicks ass.:rockin::rockin::rockin:

Evan! that's not a very fair comparison. It's more like.... sticking a bunch of M80s in a metal garbage can, thinking "metal is sturdy, it will protect me". In actuality, it will only serve to concentrate the explosion.

Back