Kettle Bulkhead for E-BIAB

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MDF99

Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm a new brewer and have a 16 gallon stainless stock pot I'm setting up for E-BIAB.

I'm thinking of running a bulkhead (drain) straight down through the bottom of the kettle, rather than out the side. I would set-up my brew cart to accommodate this arrangement by drilling a hole through the top for the bulkhead to sit over. The kettle has sloping sides @ bottom that would make a side drain be a couple inches above the bottom.

With an E-BIAB setup, can anyone see a bottom drain causing any problems?

Nope! I'm building one with a bottom drain (keggle) as well to eliminate a pickup tube and to allow the electric element to be mounted as low as possible. Mine is permanently mounted in a cart and will be cleaned in place.

Well, I decided to go with a hole through the side of the pot after all with a pickup tube. My kettle has the thick multi layered bottom and I decided it would be easier to punch through the side than drill a 7/8" hole through a half inch of layered metal and potentially muck something up.

Latest posts

Back