Headed to Southern FL (with small children) early Oct - suggestions?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

westo2

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
As the title states - I'll be tacking a Florida vacation onto the end of some work training. I'll have my wife and two kids with me (3 and 1) and am wondering what is not to miss and what to go ahead and skip. We're going to pass on Disney and the other theme parks, the kids are just too little for it to be worth it, but we are thinking about making it up to Cape Canaveral.

Only constraints - leaving Key West on a Saturday and have to be in Ft Lauderdale the following Thursday. Beyond that, we're wide open so far.

Thanks!

So you're driving up from KW?

Robbie's Marina at mm 77 in Islamorada would be fun for the kids. There's food, trinket shopping, and you can feed the tarpon.

Morada Bay restaurant in Islamorada was excellent. Great linguini carbonara.

MM 50 has a great Cuban sandwich and juice place, Juice Paradise. Good cafe con leche.

Drive around very slowly at Big Pine Key to see the key deer. There is a bar called No Name Pub that is totally covered inside by dollar bills.

Can't think of much else, since we didn't have any kids with us :)

Gawd, I loved my Keys vacation!! Have fun!

Back