New post a picture of your pint

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bottled my Chocolate Hazelnut Stout last night. Will open the first one in about a month.

11189787_358309791032775_1419838144_n.jpg

This is the 1-week bottled homebrew I took out yesterday to show off my clarity (pics in another thread). I put it in the fridge after that and popped it last night - nice "FSHHHT" sound when I popped the top off, poured a pretty nice head, but it looked like soda's foam, and disappeared almost as fast. These two pics were taken mere seconds apart, look how much less head is in the second compared to the first.

6NhbdNY.jpg

7ipGhCv.jpg

Yeah, so next beer will get some specialty grains steeped to help with head retention & mouth-feel. The beer is definitey young, but well-carbed. It is a little sweet, and the alcohol was "hot" in my mouth. It's a 6.5-7% ABV amber ale, so I am hoping the next two weeks of conditioning take all that away.

Also, I know - my bottle is about to fly away.

:D

This beer doesn't age well at all. Bourbon Barrel flavor has taken a dump along with the other signature flavors. I'll never cellar this one again :(

118omkw.jpg

Scottish 60/- the more I have, the better it tastes.

Made with homegrown Nugget hops, and partigyle with a Wee Heavy that's bulk aging in the basement at 58°F. I can't wait to get I to that one.

Someone somewhere told me patience is a virtue. It is a virtue I do not possess. I'll probably start sneaking pints mid summer...
View attachment 1431150491683.jpg

Botteled my testversion of a blackberry witbier if taste is alright after conditioning in bottle we will make 8 gallons of this recipe.
Base was a witbier with citra hop fermented with Mangrove Jack M20

And here it is, Taste banana,citrus,blackberry, nice head and very tasty

WP_20150507_001[1].jpg

WP_20150507_004[1].jpg

My regular go-to homebrew IPA. The recipe that I started with, vowing to keep doing it over and over until I could do two in a row the same. Yum.

20150506_204607.jpg

Opened the first of my Chocolate-Hazelnut stout last night after one month bottle conditioning... it was kinda disappointing. Flavor was a little to sweet and it was completely flat. :mad: It was in a flip-top bottle, and sometimes those don't seal well, so I'm hoping it's just a one-bottle fail.

2015-05-20.jpg

Back