Lexington KY - Fest-of-ales

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll be there. Hoping more of the breweries turn out this year - was a little disappointed last year with the no-shows.

Really?! That's disappointing. This will be my first time. I am looking forward to it.
How exactly does it work, you get a wrist band and get to sample all the vendors?

Two years ago, it was a blast. I'm thinking last year was a fluke.

Can't remember if you get a bracelet or not. Your ticket gets you a 3oz sampling glass, a bottle of water, and 20 tickets. Each ticket gets you a sample. Two years ago the vendors were pretty lax about actually taking the tickets, last year they more inclined to. If you run out you can always buy more.

Two tips - take water to clean out the glass between samples (as well as drink, the bottle they give you won't be enough) and go after the samples you're dying to try first as they do run out (particularly the more expensive/exotic beer).

Awesome. Good advice about the extra water. My wife is going, but not drinking, I assume she just can walk around, because the bracelet is what gets you the samples, correct?
I'm looking forward to trying some new stuff.

Here's a link for info: http://www.lexingtonfestofales.com/

It's $25 for those that want to sample. As stated above, that gets you a glass, a wristband and 20 samples (3-4 oz). If you don't want to sample, need to DD, etc... there's no charge.

Tickets go on sale on August 1st. Check the site for where you can purchase them as well as a list of breweries that are supposedly attending this year.

Had a damn good time tonight, lots of good beer!
Just got done with waffle house and now heading home!

Anyone going this year? 8/30/13?

I am getting pretty stoked about it. Especially since my palate has grown south since last year.

Latest posts

Back