Nugget Recipes

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mapleroots

Reaction score
I'm currently growing some nugget, cascade, magnum, and mt. hood hops, and am looking for a good recipe for a keg brew this fall after harvest time. preferably a spring or summer brew as I I want this brew to sit through the winter and be ready to drink when everything starts to thaw out. anything will work though, I just need some ideas.

Nugget it a tough hop to use when homegrown. I also grow them. Because of the fact that you don't know the AAU (unless you get it tested), it's hard to use them as bittering hops like they're meant for. You can get gutsy, but I find the best recipes to use homegrown hops in are IPA's.

I'm a bit confused as to your intentions. Summer beers tend to be light-bodied and ready to drink relatively young. I wouldn't winter-over one.

On the other hand, you can substitute Nugget for all the hops in your favorite IPA and have a bang-up beer. Use wet hops, right off the bins. You will not regret it.

Back