budweiser clone

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brew a Kolsch. Light, but complex enough flavors (nicely fruity) to attract anyone. Also Kolsch is typically pretty well carbonated, as are most american lagers. Maybe keep fermentation a bit cool to keep too much of the true kolsch flavor down? I brewed NB's Kolsch extract and everyone loved it, but then again all my brothers, sister in law and dad like good beer...I will brew Kolsch again next spring, but hope to do PM this time around, as I am slowly moving that way.

Cream ale might be a good one too, light easy drinking beer. If you don't have a way to control temps down to near freezing, Lager is not the way to go. I had my kolsch at 4C and that was as cold as my set up will go without burning out my mini-fridge. Which is ok, I prefer ale!

When I first saw the title for this post I thought the OP was playing with us. Nothing gets the ire of people on this site more than guys who want to brew the average light lager for friends who don't like homebrew.
Here's how you save money and live well: Make friends with some guys who brew good beer and share parts of your batches with each other. You'll never need to visit a vendor and pay high prices again and you'll be in the suds all the time.
SHAL

When I first saw the title for this post I thought the OP was playing with us. Nothing gets the ire of people on this site more than guys who want to brew the average light lager for friends who don't like homebrew.
Here's how you save money and live well: Make friends with some guys who brew good beer and share parts of your batches with each other. You'll never need to visit a vendor and pay high prices again and you'll be in the suds all the time.
SHAL

Couldn't have said it better myself. I am fairly inexperienced at home brewing, but I love the beer that it makes. I have a good friend, that actually started a little before me. He got me started and the rest is history. I have graduated from the Mr. Beer system, but not from the extracts just yet. I know my limitations and may never go farther than extract + grains.
I say that to say this; my buddy's first beer was Mr. Beer's American Ale. He invited me over to try his new beer and I was hooked. It tasted REALLY close to Bud Heavy, only with much better flavor.

Cook up all the BMC clones you want for your buddies that don't like home brew. You'll never satisfy all of them. However, brew what YOU like and you'll almost always satisfy YOURSELF.

All Bud-bashing aside, the OP asked a question that has come up here more than a few times. I've got these buds who think it's cool I make beer, but won't try it.....

I'd suggest making a blond ale, or another light ale. Biermunchers Cream of Three Crops and Centennial Blonde are two that come to mind. Just tell them it's a Budweiser Clone. Chances are they'll like it anyway and won't notice the differences. After they drink it and rave about it, you can explain how it differs and maybe open them up to trying other beers.

Great post.

Just new to the forum boys but I live in Australia and I don't mind the taste of Bud as it reminds me of my trip to america. So I was searching for a recipe for Budweiser and found this forum and post. I have a recipe for the original poster if he is interested still.
Beermakers Czech Pilsner (tin of extract)
500g Spray Dried Light Malt Extract, 250g Maltodextrin (Corn Syrup) and 250g Dextrose
Saflager Yeast
15g Saaaz hops.Standard Method: Place hops in a sterilised vessel (coffee mug will do!) and fill with boiling water. Allow to steep for approximately 10 minutes to release the flavour while you prepare the rest of your brew. Add before your yeast.

You may not be able to get all these ingredients in the USA but you should be able to come close.

Utedog.

P.S> All the negative posters are just showing their inability to brew everything. Beer snobs suck.

kind of surprised that somebody wants to make a beer and we have 5 pages of people basically trying to talk him out of it. especially seeing as how it's a super challenging feat to duplicate at home or even come close to. i say go for it.

Back