Final volume?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yin_Yang

Reaction score
I look at all the all grain recipes (since i read how to convert them to partial mash recipes), and it never says what the final volume is going to be. Is there any way to tell how many gallons will result from a said recipe?

The Recipes link on the top of the site is what I speak off.

Recipe Type: All Grain
Yeast: WLP 838 Southern German Lager
Yeast Starter: 2L + 8oz LME
Batch Size (Gallons): 5.5
Original Gravity: 1.050
Final Gravity: 1.012
Boiling Time (Minutes): 90

I've underlined and italicized what I'm talking about. Most recipes state something very familiar. I might also guess that if it doesn't say then it should be 5 or 5.5 gallons as that is the most common.

I think Yin Yang is looking for a converted final lautered wort volume for his partial mashes, meaning less mash/sparge water, making for a smaller boil. Am I right on this YY? If so, you'd just add your L/DME and top up with water to the above mentioned batch size.

no, kit was right. i didnt know there was an actual recipe link on top, that had the official recipes written in standard format. wow what a resource..thanks guys for putting up w/ my newbish questions.

Back