What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WesleyS said:
My bottle shop said they would tweet the minute it was ready for sale. I saw the tweet and got there in 25 min. It was sold out in 20. Kind of pisses me off and reminds me why I won't chase beer all over town.

The glass makes it taste better...I swear...

ForumRunner_20131129_201003.png

The glass makes it taste better...I swear...

Here's a guy we need in FF league next year.

How's the pup? Do I still need to send you Galaxy recipe? Drank mine and commercial side by side finally.

Hello said:
My bottle shop said they would tweet the minute it was ready for sale. I saw the tweet and got there in 25 min. It was sold out in 20. Kind of pisses me off and reminds me why I won't chase beer all over town.

That sucks.
There's one large liquor store Downtown that sells out of all the special releases within 5-10 minutes of opening their doors. I never bother going there. Luckily, I drive over a large area for work, so I'm able to stop into a few places throughout the day where most people don't think to go to look for special/limited releases. I have my regular and reliable shops and stores that I go to first now. But, if I didn't have that ability to stop into a bunch of places I'm passing by throughout the work day, I wouldn't ever make special trips to hunt down beer.

I'm heading back out tomorrow afternoon through Sunday evening. Hoping to kill something a little larger than Bambi. :D
Maybe Bambi's mom, this is the last weekend I can take a doe.

I wish I was hunting in Texas. The gun season here in CT is 21 days long, broken up into two sub-seasons (A and B), and you can only hunt one of them. I'm doing bow hunting next year. The season is two months long (plus a few days at the end of December) if you're a bow hunter.

snowdrift said:
Have not had this yet.

It's really good. If it was any thicker I could use it to top up the motor oil in my truck in an emergency.

How's that 2012 KBS treating you?

Started off at 10AM with a homebrewed vanilla stout while putting up Christmas lights. Later I had a turkey quesadilla with an Autumnation for dinner. Now I'm on one of my favorite pumpkin ales that I saved from last year. Whole Hog Pumpkin Ale. I'm glad I saved it, because it never made it back this year.

IMG-20131129-00514.jpg

IMG-20131129-00516 (2).jpg

IMG-20131129-00518 (2).jpg

Here's a guy we need in FF league next year.

How's the pup? Do I still need to send you Galaxy recipe? Drank mine and commercial side by side finally.

FF, yes please.

The pup is great, still spoiled rotten. But, smart and trains well.

When you get a chance I would really like the recipe!

And ill keep you guys in mind when I see more of these glasses...

:drunk: + writing recipes is not going well. Planning on 3942 for two brews tomorrow and I've gone from hoppy pale ale and white ipa with brett to hoppy strong golden/tripel and double brett white ipa with brett.

:drunk: + writing recipes is not going well. Planning on 3942 for two brews tomorrow and I've gone from hoppy pale ale and white ipa with brett to hoppy strong golden/tripel and double brett white ipa with brett.

By golly I'm going with latter since I haven't used ecy04 or ecy03B I worked so hard to track down for anything.

They all sound good.

Well Austin Homebrew has knock off better bottles for $10 with $6 shipping. Send me a few and I'll brew them all. I'd talk fantasy football trash, but last time I did that, I lost 3 straight.

Not drinking anything right now. Trying to decide if I should pour myself something while I make another batch of soda...or maybe soda syrup....

Frankenwild. I"ve got a few more small bottles and then I'll be forced to hold the big ones for a while. It's got that real good funk coming on in the nose. i think it will get there, but it's pretty nice now. I've paid over $1 oz for beer I liked less.:D

LG, you on the wagon?
Nope. I was sick, and then taking a long time to recover. I've got a personal rule, I don't drink when I'm sick. The alcohol tends to mask the the symptoms and I end up doing something stupid. That, and I figure my body doesn't need to deal with the alcohol along with the rest of the toxins from the disease.

I've been drinking a bit for the last few days, but only one a day. I'm still way more tired then I should be.

I settled for some quick and dirty orange soda with a touch of vodka. That's probably going to be it for tonight.

Back