• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Shot in the dark - SF Bay Area sanitary welding?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 40839

Reaction score
Alright folks,

I'm getting a bit preturbed by the leaky weldless fittings on my keggles. No matter what I've done, they seem to dribble wort and water at some point during the brew day, leaving me with stalactites of burned sugar to chip off the kegs and frame. My once shiny stainless sculpture is now... a mess.

My local welding shops are ripoff merchants, wanting $75 per weld (which means it'd be almost the same price to sell my keggles and buy three Blichmanns) so was wondering if there's anyone in the Bay Area who can weld some couplings on my keggles for a reasonable fee/trade?

Well.. it IS a bit cheaper in Sebastopol. The creepin crud cold is abating for now. You could come up, drop them off and I know a place to hang with some decent brews ;)

Here is another shot in the dark. Go to a local Truck dealership, Semi-Trucks that is. It will need to have a shop on the premisis. Most of the mechanics I have run across like beer. Look for the guy who is working on the springs and you will find a welder. You can also place a ad on Craigslist, with all the people out of work you should come across somebody looking to make a little cash. Good luck!

Aye Rick, that's the "backup plan", although I was secretly hoping for someone to come out of the woodwork and say "Sure, bring 'em over and my brother will do 'em for a corny!"

And speaking of which, still would love to cut a hole in that sanke fermenter for a corny lid, ala what Synergy did on theirs...

Back