Book: "The Home Brewer's Recipe Database"

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last edited by a moderator:
It's been a while since I read Designing Great Beers, but this sounds similar. Although, the book you are asking about sounds like it might give a little more practical application type info. If I remember correctly, designing great beer does more describing of ingredients, giving examples of styles, history, some equations. More information than application, but like I said it's been a while since I read it.

The author of the book was interviewed on BBR, I forget when. You may want to listen to it.

Yep, listen to the BBR interview. It's a book packed with recipe information. However, it does not necessarily contain a complete recipe for every beer. What the author has done is collect as much data as he can on a commercial beer and provided you the bare bones data to get you started cloning the recipe on your own. On the BBR interview he reviews the process he uses when faced with cloning a recipe, not sure if he also includes his system in the book. However, it sounded interesting to me and it's currently on my Amazon wish list. So, I'm thinking about picking it up at some point.

Oh, also, I think the author did an article on real ale clones in the last issue of BYO.

Back