high pressure propane burner for low pressure application?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

schristian619

Reaction score
So I asked this question in a different thread, but thought other people may benefit from know the answer....

I would like to use the 10 tip jet burners for my brutus build, but am not too happy about having to spend $95 each for the low pressure ones. Is there a way to use the high pressure ones, say from bbqguys or shopperchoice on a low pressure brutus system? Is it as simple as just using the low pressure regulator? Has anybody done this? I know I can get he 23 tip burners and plug some of the holes, but I'm more interested in using the 10 tip.

You would have to drill out the holes in the tips. If you knew the right orifice size it would be pretty easy. The holes are much smaller for high pressure.

thanks. I guess it's back to deciding between the hurricanes or the 10 tip low pressure. I really like the look of the jet burners better but at $95 a piece, I could learn to like the hurricanes too.

Back