Keg Ethics

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sumta

Reaction score
There are two beautiful kegs in pristine shape sitting over at the metal salvage yard. They open at 8am tommorow morning. They both have the name of a well known brewer embossed on their sides. What are the ethics on buying such a thing?

jw

mbeattie said:
huh? They are in a scrap yard... go get them

There is a good chance that they were turned in for the salvage price rather than going back to the liquor store for the deposit because the salvage price is higher right now. So, in effect, they could be stolen.

Go for it! If you feel guilty, brew a bunch of beer using the keg. Invite all your friends over to enjoy it. Thereby, your sin will be absolved.

:mug:

sonvolt said:
Go for it! If you feel guilty, brew a bunch of beer using the keg. Invite all your friends over to enjoy it. Thereby, your sin will be absolved.:mug:
Amen, Brother, Amen!!:drunk:

(I did not intend to get religious, but the situation warranted it!):drunk: :D

Beside, it's only metal...I keep wondering when the Gov'ts gonna come after me for being in possession of stolen property...my land was stolen from the natives, and I still have to pay a tax on it!

It's not your concern as to where the salvage yard got the keg. that's their problem. You are obtaining it legally from the salvage yard. Just make sure you get a receipt!

What ever you do don't buy those kegs! For your own good- stay away! It's the worst possible thing you can do. Kegs from a scrap yard aren't any good!

Now, where is that scrap yard??? :D

Well, I am the proud owner of a keg and three ponies. The rest of the kegs at the scrapyard were in too bad of a shape to be used. The large one is gonna become a boiling kettle. One pony will become a low pressure steam boiler as soon as I finish working out the chemisty. The other two ponies will be fermenters I think.

dance. dance.

jw

Back