Columbus/Circleville, Ohio HBT group?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PilotBMP

Reaction score
Is there anyone in the Columbus, Ohio particularly the Circleville area interested in meeting and brewing sometime? I would really like to get together and formulate a killer Pumpkin Ale for the famous Pumpkin Show this year as that is the only pumpkin item missing (Pumpkin Orange Bud Light Bottles do not count). Any takers? I would be all about brewing at least once a month.
:mug:

You might try the local brewing club called SODZ (Scioto, Olentangy, Darby Zymurgists.) Their website is www.sodz.org. I believe the next meeting is March 10th at the Crosswoods Winking Lizard in Columbus. Good place to make local brewing contacts and good folks.

Cheers!

Pumpkin ales you say? Probably one of the crowd favorites among my friends here in Columbus. I wouldn't mind getting together sometime and brewing!

By the way, SODZ is hosting a British Beer Competition tomorrow (Feb 23) at the Winking Lizard on Bethel and Godown Rd. Im sure a few local HBT'ers will be there, including myself. Maybe you can make it out!

What time is that? I hope I can get out from all the weather we got down here. I'm familiar with the Lizard and the world tour. :drunk: I hope to see you there.
Ben

stewards and judges will be there at 8:00 am. (man the things we do for our hobby!). Competition starts at 9 am. It was pretty fun last year, should be good this year too.
Sorry no help on the pumpkin ale though

BTW, its at the CROSSWOODS Winking Lizard, not by Bethel

It's at Crosswoods this year? Wow, I'm glad you said something. That would have been a REAL bummer!

btw I looked thru my copy of Jamils and Palmers book and saw he had a good recipe for a pumpkin beer. Never tried it, but every recipe of his that I have done are fantastic!

I made a killer Pumpkin Ale last year, but the pumpkin show is lacking beer! We must bring the real beer to the masses!!!

Pumpkin ale notwithstanding I would like to get with some locals to brew with. I am about to do my first AG as soon as the weather breaks and I get an afternoon free.

I have been to the SODZ site and have thought about going to one of their meetings. Does anyone know how late the thing at the Winking Lizard runs? I have kid stuff to do in the afternoon/ early evening.

JW

I don't think I can make it either, but I'm new to AG (only 3 batches under my belt) as well. Let me know and we can brew a batch sometime.

Latest posts

Back