Need Help.....Question about quick disconnects

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dood56

Reaction score
I just brewed my first and am going to be building my keezer this weekend. However, I have run into an issue and I am not sure what to do. I put the gas and liquid disconnects on to my keg and on the proper peg. However, when I went to carb the beer, I didn't have anything on the output side and beer came shooting out of it. Pretty funny to the experienced I am sure. So I went to take off the liquid disconnect and it will not come off. I tried the same on the gas side and I can't get it off either. It was my understanding these were designed to be able to be pulled straight off. My keg is not pressurized either. I would really like an answer quickly since my beer is just sitting in the open now. I appreciate any assistance.

sounds like a poppit on the out side is stuck open. Try reseating it.
If the QDs are tight, make sure you have the correct QDs on the right posts.
Grey = gas and black = liquid.
If you had the liquid QD on the post when you pressurized and the QD wasn't attached to a tap then there is nothing to stop the beer.
To pull off the QD, lift the ring around the QD ( to release the stop ) and pull it up.

Well, I went to my LBH and he was kind enough to point out I am an idiot. I do have black on the out side, but I put the in post on the out. So I essentially have placed the posts on the wrong sideas. Any recommendations on getting the disconnects off without damaging the posts would be appreciated.

Back