Glassware?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FreakinA

Reaction score
As I am REALLY starting to get into beers now, I am trying to get all the proper glass ware for each style. I am suprised HBT does not have a glassware forum, post pictures of rare glasses you have and contain glass guides/pouring guides? Is there a good list of what sort of glasses people should be using for all types of beer?

The link above appears broken.

I really like the proper glassware as well, although my collection is quite small. My favorite right now is an english half yard that I have. I just like to watch the bubbles rise all the way to the top. Plus, getting a second glass was always too difficult anyways...

The linke worked for me, and I've referenced this page more than once, it's a good resource.

I do like the idea, however, of a thread of people showing off their cool glassware. I've got some relatively cool glasses (relative to the normal population, not you beer geeks :mug:) and I wouldn't mind showing them off.

The linke worked for me, and I've referenced this page more than once, it's a good resource.

I do like the idea, however, of a thread of people showing off their cool glassware. I've got some relatively cool glasses (relative to the normal population, not you beer geeks :mug:) and I wouldn't mind showing them off.

Looks like it might just be a google chrome issue. My bad.

BeerAdvocate is having some DNS issues right now. For everyone that can't get to that link, just wait a while and it should come back eventually.

FWIW, Target has some decent beer glasses. A lot of them are Guinness but just the other day I bought two .33L Stella Artois stemmed glasses (actually crystal) there. I needed something a little smaller for the big Belgians.:drunk:

The Sam Adams glasses are good imo.

IMO, a pint/half-liter is a MUCH better serving size for most beers than 12 oz. (ESPECIALLY if you're serving from kegs). My favorite are the half-liter Weizen glasses like this (with etching on bottom for rising bubbles/infinite head):
SCA4.jpg

BeerAdvocate is very poor in keeping their site up and running. Their forums are pretty much a joke, too.

As for the OP, I love good glassware, too. My favorite glass that I keep going back to is my Duvel tulip. It is a nice heavy glass, and it is big enough that I can drink from it without getting annoyed that I have to refill it every few minutes like some of the smaller glasses. I have a bunch of different glasses, though. Probably 50ish at this point, and I seem to get more as time goes on even though I tell myself to stop.

BeerAdvocate is very poor in keeping their site up and running. Their forums are pretty much a joke, too.

As for the OP, I love good glassware, too. My favorite glass that I keep going back to is my Duvel tulip. It is a nice heavy glass, and it is big enough that I can drink from it without getting annoyed that I have to refill it every few minutes like some of the smaller glasses. I have a bunch of different glasses, though. Probably 50ish at this point, and I seem to get more as time goes on even though I tell myself to stop.

+1 on the duvel tulip. My buddy I lived with used to have one of them. I stole it every chance I got!

They've had some hardware problems, sure, but this instance has nothing to do with them. I really don't like the layout of their forums, either, but that's a whole different subject.

While this thread is up.... Does anyone know where to find a plain willi becher glass with the .5 liter mark? I searched and searched and cannot seem to find one like I am looking for.

That's funny I just received this today as a belated b'day pressy;
FILE0407.jpg

A had a really nice badger brewery beer glass too but it broke :(

I am looking for a 0.2L stange if anyone knows where to get them, I refuse to brew a Kolsch till I find some.

Typically I brew pale ales and Ipas. My most common glass is the simple unmarked pintglass. My roomie also has an arsenal of the guiness pint glasses from Target. We have 4 of the 1 liter(I think) tall glasses used for Hefs, and 2 ASU Sun-devil pilsner style glasses. A few enormous mugs from local places(not breweries) and a few pint glasses from the breweries we have been to (Stone, Liberty, Sierra Nevada). We also got a free 12 set of the Stella glasses that are a little over .5L. I want to get some tulips next me thinks!

I am a sucker for the glass pack. I just can't resist getting them to add to my collection.

Only, I always end up getting two packs so I can have a pair of glasses. A single glass just seems wrong sitting by it's onsies in the china cabinet.

My collection started with a hole in a fence at my local beer garden... not proud of it, but what can you do ;)

I now have about 35 pint glasses from various breweries and brewpubs and about 25-30 different style and brand specific other glasses. I also have a box with about 10 more glasses I haven't even gone thru yet!

Collecting glasses is my other beer hobby!

My favorite is the Leffe (chalice?).. way better that my mugs or vases that i have, but unfortunately i have only one.. I think i will be going back home for the holidays, and think i will be bringing bac,k more glasses/beer/food.. oh the choices of belgians.. :)

I think boots are cool looking but they usually hold so much beer that by the end you're drinking practically room temp beer.

now if you're outside in the winter that may be a good thing :D

I'm trying to find a place where I can get cheap glasses of all sorts. (like 5 dollars or under aglass)

I'm trying to get a few hefe glasses, some imperial pints, and some of the nice english pint glasses with the bulge...

it's hard to find damn.

and of course you gotta have the kolsch glasses and some 16 oz glasses for thhose big beers that 20oz is just a tad much

that's odd. why would they put .3 liter and 16 oz.

which one is it? I would say .3 liter unless that is a giant cup... 16 oz is a good amount of liquid.

Check out your local dollar stores. One near our house has a decent selection of pint glasses and pilsner glasses for $1 each.

Back