What kind of dog is this?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skeeordye11

Reaction score
I need help trying to determine what kind of dog is pictured in this ad. And since I trust you bunch of strangers, I'm looking for some insight here. Thanks!

By the way, whatever dog I end up getting is going to be named Simcoe, so it's not completely unrelated to beer!

looking for a loving home

I am no expert at all, but it looks like a beagle/lab to me. Looks fitting of the name Simcoe though.

Looks like it is fairly young. Puppies can be hard to classify, but it doesn't look like it will be a big dog. I'm looking at the feet to body ratio, because big dogs tend to have huge feet as puppies.

Face definitely looks beagle to me, maybe it's got some border collie mixed in? It's tough to tell with it so young.

That right there is a Puppitus Cutus.

It looks confused, like it is wondering what is taking you so long to come pick it up.

It is my pleasure to introduce you all to Simcoe. The dog in the previous link ran away, but we drove almost an hour to where the dog was supposed to be before we found that out. It all worked out though, since we got the beautiful girl here. She's a 10 month old "lab mix". Not sure what she's mixed with but she's all black and has long hair for a lab. Maybe Chow? Maybe the vet can give us an idea. Whatever she is, she's adorable and I don't know why I waiting this long to get a dog! Thanks fpr everyone that replied to help diagnose the dog in the other picture though.
SIMCOE.jpg

Looks like lab/shepherd to me. That's what my dog is and he has a similar face, but with longer ears. That one might even have a little pit in her. Sweet looking girl!

I'm thinking springer spaniel mixed with some other, smaller breed (beagle is a good bet) based on the coloring and markings.

That was precisely my first thought. Springer/Beagle. Whoever finds it ought to have a pretty good bird dog on their hands.:rockin:

Simcoe is a beautiful looking dog, but I am at a loss to guess the ingredients:cross:.

Back