Going to Denver, CO - Where should i go...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Dry Dock Brewing Company has some great beer....and an atmosphere that you have to see to believe....A few of the guys from here at HBT.com hang out their on occasion.
I'll also recommend going to the Texas De Brazil to eat. At $50 per person...it's still the best dinner you can buy in Denver.

I really liked the Falling Rock Tap House in LoDo (Lower Downtown) it's by the river, stream, whatever it is

Falling Rock for sure, that place is a blast. People recommended Pint's Pub, and it was a pretty cool place, but it wasnt for me. Falling Rock was way cooler. Pint's Pub is a fun place though, especially if you like scotch and good Irish food. The beer was so-so IMO, but they had something like 260 different kinds of scotch.

I second the Falling Rock, it's one of America's top 10 pubs. Also, there are several breweries in the downtown area, and more all around Denver. There are 3 or 4 breweries within walking distance of Coors Field, and one inside. Check out my favorite, Great Divide, along with the OVER 80 other brewpubs and microbreweries.

These are the ones actually in Denver, there are many many more in the Metro area...
Currently Open Breweries

Atlantis Brewing

Big Nose Brewing

Breckenridge Brewery

Broadway Brewing

Champion Brewing

Denver Chop House and Brewery

Dixon's Downtown Grill

Great Divide Brewing

High Point Brewing

Hops of Cherry Creek

Jamestown Brewing Inc.

Lonetree Brewing

Pine Street Brewing

Pints Pub and Brewery and Freehouse

Rock Bottom Brewery #1

SandLot Brewery at Coors Field

Tabernash (Left Hand) Brewing

Telluride Beer Company

Wynkoop Brewing

thanks for everyone's help so far...i'm looking forward to this trip. If there is anywhere else, please let me know...thanks.

Where are you staying, Downtown, Tech Center, Suburbs? There are a lot of good suggestions so far, but ew can narrow it down if you know where you'll be.

Don't forget the Bull and Bush for real ale.

Where are you staying, Downtown, Tech Center, Suburbs? There are a lot of good suggestions so far, but ew can narrow it down if you know where you'll be.

Don't forget the Bull and Bush for real ale.

West Denver - i checked and i'm like a 15 min cab ride to downtown...so far i'm looking at Wynkoop and Falling Rock Taphouse for sure...

Yeah. Bull and the Bush is mighty fine.
West Denver? Yer pretty close to Pints but I simply avoid that place now. Their beer went downhill bigtime.

HBT saves the day! Was in Denver Mon-weds on a business trip, after talking with my boss in the airport about home brewing, he told me to pick which brewpub we were going to visit for dinner one night. Score! Didn't even need to create my own thread, search turned up this one.

Went to Wynkoop brewing Tues night on 18th St. Food was excellent, had the hummus plate for an appetizer and a big bowl of gumbo for dinner. Was on the company dime, so I felt bad having full pints, but I certainly took advantage of their $1 4-ish oz samplers. Tried the Chile Ale, Pilsner, ESB, and Schwartzbier (sp?).

The chile ale was the surprise winner in my book, had never had anything similar and it was great. The pilsner was great, light and crisp, but by that point i'd been chomping down on roasted garlic and hummus, so the finer points were probably lost on me. The ESB was probably my least favorite - just didn't seem that well balanced, had a little bit of alcoholic twang. Not bad though, and still better than BMC any day of the week. I finished up with the Schwarzbier - the first of that style I've ever tried. Was a tasty brew, looking forward to sampling some more examples of the style.

Thanks for the recommendation HBT!

Back